- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Big Data, Commercial Real Estate
- De 15 à 50 salariés
- Télétravail partiel possible
Square Sense développe des solutions destinées aux grands investisseurs immobiliers (foncières, institutionnels, fonds d’investissement) pour les aider à faire face aux nombreux enjeux auxquels ils sont confrontés et leur permettre d’adapter leurs stratégies de gestion d’actifs plus rapidement et plus efficacement.
Pour ce faire, ces solutions interprètent des données collectées dans les immeubles à partir de plusieurs sources : énergie, IoT, services aux usagers, community management, etc. Elles permettent de comprendre les attentes des usagers, mesurer leur satisfaction et anticiper les situations à risque, et ainsi permettre aux gestionnaires d’actifs de prendre les bonnes décisions au bon moment. Ces solutions ont pour finalité d’améliorer la performance financière des actifs et leur impact sociétal et environnemental.
La plateforme développée par Square Sense met en oeuvre les technologies incontournables en matière de traitement de données massives. Son équipe de data scientists utilise les techniques de pointe en apprentissage automatique pour développer ses applications data-driven.
Square Sense a été fondé en 2017 à Paris par une équipe multiculturelle et talentueuse d’ingénieurs et de scientifiques.
Products @ Square Sense
Square Sense is developing products to understand people’s behavior and building performance using data collected from sensors and systems within a building. Our models infer knowledge using data from heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, lighting, smart meters, Wi-Fi, people counting & occupancy sensors, access control systems, elevators, air quality sensors. These models are based on statistics, probabilistic models, machine learning, and deep learning. The understanding of how a building is used and how it performs under various conditions is used to devise and implement strategies to reduce operating costs, improve the user experience, and increase revenue. Our goal is to develop decision-making support systems and autonomous optimization routines, both at the building level and at the portfolio level (i.e., for clients that own several buildings).
Data analyst responsibilities
Data analysts at Square Sense are responsible for developing products to support decision-making from available data. For such purpose, they develop client-facing dashboards and work with data of various kinds and from multiple buildings. The tasks of a data analyst include quantifying relationships between different variables under various circumstances (e.g., actual or projected), and identifying trends and patterns. They work with the data produced by our data processing pipeline, which is mainly developed and maintained by our engineering and research departments, with whom analysts interact for its design. The data pipeline is responsible for collecting sensor data, transform it using various algorithms and models, and store the results into an analytical database. Data analysts use business intelligence software such as Power BI as well as Python-based tools (Dash, Plotly, Matplotlib) to prepare reports.
Product-driven data analysis
- Develop production-ready dashboards based on live datasets.
- Perform data analysis with a rigorous, methodical, and logical approach.
- Continuously improve the product: identify, assess, and fix issues.
- Understand business needs and define the scope of the proposed solution with product management.
- Proactively propose potential improvements and new use cases to refine product design based on obtained findings.
- Define precise data querying and processing needs to help improve data models and platform tools in collaboration with the engineering department.
- Decision-making support KPIs that track the satisfaction of building occupiers in terms of building operations reactiveness, technical performance, comfort, service offering, and occupancy.
- Automated and dynamic optimization of the thermal comfort and the energy consumption of a building given current and predicted building occupancy.
- Collaborate with the project management, product management, engineering, and research departments.
- Communicate about findings, learnings, and best practices clearly and efficiently.
- Help to recruit and train interns and junior analysts.
What we offer
- An experienced team with a very strong high-quality development mentality yet focused on fast and agile execution to achieve business impact
- A data-centric product, where gaining insight from data is at the core of the business
- A team of experienced and agile engineers and scientists responsible for making data available in an analytical database that is easily queryable using business intelligence tools
- A competitive salary
- Fast-growing early-stage startup: the team size has doubled every year since the start and is expected to double in the next 12 months
- A multi-cultural team that is passionate about technology
- Regular team activities and outings
- Open communication, flat hierarchy, and fast execution
- Flexible working hours
- Partial remote work possible: having implemented it at least partially since the start, we have the tools and experience in this matter and are committed to purse with this practice. As of today, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the team is currently fully remote.
- A comfortable office in the center of Paris (Strasbourg – Saint-Denis metro station)
- At least 3 years of work experience in data analytics
- Master’s or Ph.D. program in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering) or equivalent educational program
- Extensive experience with business intelligence (preferably Power BI) and data visualization tools
- Applied SQL experience and a good understanding of relational databases
- Applied experience with Python for data analysis tasks
- A solid background in mathematics and statistics
- Attention to detail and a strong focus on the accuracy of obtained results yet driven by achieving business impact through data analysis
- Willingness to work in a team, review work done by others, and take constructive feedback
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing client-facing interactive visualizations or user interfaces
- Mastery of Power BI query languages, i.e., DAX and Power Query M
- Experience with big data query engines, e.g., Hive, Impala, Presto, Spark SQL
- Academic or industrial experience in a real estate or investment related field
- Any other European language spoken
Resume interview, company and position presentation (phone/video call, 45 minutes – 1 hour)
Technical assessment: questionnaire and home assignment plus 2-hour interview (video call)
Fit interviews with various members of the team (face-to-face or video call)
Meet the Square Sense team
- Ajouter aux favoris
- Partager sur Twitter
- Partager sur Facebook
- Partager sur Linkedin