Cette offre a été pourvue !
Who are they?
Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming and NFTs. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy sport experience where you can manage your favorite Football, Baseball and Basketball players, hone your passion to earn prizes and be part of a community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share and own the game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform had a card sales volume of over $300M (€270M) since January 2021 across 160 countries. Sorare is backed by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, footballers such as Gerard Piqué, Antoine Griezmann and Rio Ferdinand, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohanian.
As a Product Counsel, you will understand Sorare’s product, priorities, plans and process in order to identify potential legal risks, deliver first-in-class, practical legal advice, develop and implement compliance policies and programs and mitigate risk.
You will work closely with the operational teams (product, engineering, content, communications) to serve as an important connector between business and legal, educating your business partners on compliance and regulatory questions, and understanding business issues so that legal can more effectively drive toward business goals.
You must have excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy and a proven ability to learn new areas of law and function independently in a vibrant, fast-paced environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of Sorare, its product, offerings and fit within the overall Web3 market
- Provide creative, strategic and forward-thinking product and compliance advice to product and operational teams on a wide range of matters including consumer protection, fair business practices, e-commerce, marketplace and payments
- Review and provide guidance on the launch of new products, features and product-related initiatives
- Partner and coordinate with key internal stakeholders including product, operational, regulatory and communication teams, with a particular focus on assessing regulatory/litigation risk when advising product development
- Keep customer-facing website terms (Terms and Conditions, Marketplace Terms, etc.) up-to-date as product and applicable laws may evolve
- Be a core team player and actively look for opportunities to develop and improve processes and know-how
- Have appropriate risk tolerance, the ability to communicate and advise on complex matters in clear, succinct, and understandable terms
- Work efficiently and independently within the legal team and company
- 5-7+ years of relevant post-qualification experience at a law firm and/or in-house environment, preferably in the B2C/tech and/or gaming digital space.
- Substantive knowledge and demonstrated expertise in EU and US consumer protection and e-commerce. Experience with blockchain products is a plus.
- Highly adaptable and collaborative team player with a proven ability to work cross functionally with business partners and in an international working environment with geographically dispersed team members.
- Intellectually curious, open-minded, and excited by dynamic change and solving problems.
- Strong communication and strategic planning skills; ability to take initiative on issues and projects
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Sorare ranges from $155,000 - $201,500, plus a competitive equity package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Sorare offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, vision, dental, parental leave, an unlimited vacation policy, 401(k) plan, fitness reimbursements, commuter benefits and contribution to lunch expenses!