- Permanent contract
- Occasional remote authorized
- Mobile Apps, Recruitment
- From 50 to 250 employees
- Permanent contract
This position was filled!
Founded in June 2015, Side is the first “on-demand” online platform that offers a brand-new temp work experience. More personalized, more reliable and more scalable. This experience has been made possible by establishing the community spirit of Siders and by developing the obsession of our team to provide an excellent operational and technological service.
At the beginning of the adventure, Pierre, Hugo, Gaspard and David were teaming up as freelancers to help companies on different digital projects. At this point, a question came up: How only a small part of students could get access to those kinds of opportunities when companies struggle to find help? Side was born.
Today, thousands of people (mostly between 18 and 30 years old) enjoy the coaching and expertise from Side, and work in the best companies in retail, logistics, in startups … before finding even bigger opportunities.
Side offers more than 3000 jobs every month in 7 cities in France (Paris, Lyon, Lille, Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, Bordeaux and Nantes). And more to come!
Ensure that your team is efficient by keeping the same standards of quality, velocity and participate actively in product’s future. As an engineering manager, you will make sure that everyone working in your team is aligned on the objectives and the vision.
The engineering manager is team oriented first. Like a coach, you’ll need to deeply understand the people you are managing and establish trust. You’ll be seen as an empathetic leader capable of taking the right decisions with little context and distilling Side’s vision to nurture your team of experts.
Your main long term objective is to setup the perfect environment for your team towards high impact and high ownership. Let’s imagine a world where your team could strive without having the need of your input.
Helped by the tools and frameworks we use on a daily basis, you’ll be in charge of spotting deviations and act on them quickly. You’ll make sure that your team grows both in size and in productivity per person.
Understand the environment you join and how it works in less than a month:
- Understand the tech environment your team is dealing with on a daily basis. Languages and frameworks, CI, codebase, Jumpers.
- Understand the already existing processes that shape the way your team is working, agile processes, asana’s extensive usage.
- Get a deep understanding of what we want to build on the long run product-wise as well as a general understanding of the market we are in
Get full mastering of the management framework within a 2 months:
- Understand the individuals you have in your team and finish setting up trustful connections with them.
- Master the management framework and help your team execute and grow.
- Get full knowledge of the other processes, tools and frameworks that will be relevant to your role.
Become a pillar and prepare for the future within 6 months:
- Identify needs and pains from bottom-up and top-down to help your team strive.
- Nurture your team weeks after weeks with the vision and participate in having it evolving and improving.
- Follow closely every Insiders and make sure their career path is clear for you and them.
- Plan for future hirings and the growth ahead.
- A technical background and the ability to understand deep technical problems.
- 2+ years in a role that requires leadership and/or management tasks.
- Prevention - ability to identify deviations (skills as well as people) with little context and act on them quickly.
- Empathy - having people improving and reaching their next steps feeds you with energy.
- People movements (arrival, departures, role switching) is something you are at ease with, it’s for the best.
- Ability to convince and persuade others about tactical and strategic choices.
- Listen and drive people with and without a hierarchical bound.
- HR hard skills to hire and build the people framework in the product team.
- Former experience in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of the tools we use: Looker, Asana, Gitlab.
- Knowledge in the languages and frameworks we use: React, Golang, Docker, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Swift, Kotlin.
Meet the Side team
- Ajouter aux favoris
- Partager sur Twitter
- Partager sur Facebook
- Partager sur Linkedin