Activities Manager (Junior students)
EF Côte d’Azur (France)
March – August 2024
EF Côte d’Azur is looking for an Activities Manager who will be responsible for delivering the best summer experience in a fun but professional way to our youngest international students (aged 13-17).
Are you interested? Keep reading!
• Do you know the best beaches in Côte d’Azur? Do you know where to find the hidden jewels of our region? Are you able to plan great events?
• Are you passionate about cultural and international exchange?
• Are you enthusiastic, organised, and a natural leader, capable of using your own initiative?
• Do you have what it takes to engage international students, whilst planning & promoting a full activity programme showing off the very best of Côte d’Azur?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, join our team in Côte d’Azur and and acquire invaluable skills that will help shape your professional career. This a fixed term position open from March until the end of August with the possibility of a permanent position afterwards.
As Activities Manager you assume responsibility for planning, organizing and delivering the activities program from concept to implementation for our 2024 supervised summer program. You provide oversight, management and coaching to a team of Activity Leaders, as well as organize the program logistics such as bus transportation, event planning, and payments to suppliers. This is a high-energy role that requires a strong leader and manager, someone who can drive the program and ensure Activity Leaders have the tools, training and guidance to showcase the local area and provide life-changing experiences to the students.
· Plan, organize and oversee a variety of activities, social events, daytrips and multi-day excursions included in the activity program.
· Manage all activity program logistics, including bus transportation, staff scheduling and troubleshooting.
· Coordinate all logistics for student arrivals and departures in collaboration with our Student Service department.
· Recruit, train and manage a team of activity leaders and international course leaders. Deliver daily team meetings/briefings.
· Lead a full day Activity Leader training prior to students’ arrivals.
· Manage negotations and relations with local suppliers and partners, including submitting payments and processing invoices.
· Manage finances to ensure activities remain within budget; manage activity stock and supplies.
· Be available to work late nights for some events as well as weekends, such as arrivals and departures, excursions, disco nights, and also to assist with emergency situations should they arrive.
· Share emergency on-call duties with other school staff on rotating basis
About EF Education First
At EF Education First, we are travelers, innovators, thinkers, and doers. We readily promote an open and collaborative workspace. Our people are our biggest asset, and together we have created a culture of cooperation, project ownership, and impact. As the world leader in international education, with more than 52,000 staff and teachers working in 52 countries around the globe, our mission is simple: Opening the world through education. Since we were founded over 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Don’t miss the unique opportunity to join our one-of-a-kind team!
· Management experience (2+ preferred).
· Proficiency in French (native/C2), English (B2) and travel experience required
· Knowledge of any other languages will be considered as a plus
· Experience working with young people and/or experience working with international students.
· Business-minded with a strong sense of customer service and attention to detail.
· Enthusiastic, upbeat and a natural leader with high energy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Strong communication skills and teamwork abilities.
· Goes above and beyond, never settling for status quo.
· Knowledge of the local area preferred.
· User knowledge of photo and video-editing required
· User knowledge of social media such as Instagram and Tik Tok
If you feel you are the right person to make the team, send a full CV with a covering motivational letter. If you have already worked with EF, please list the year, and the location together with the name of your direct manager.