Welcome to the Jungle
- Média, Recrutement
- Entre 250 et 2000 salariés
Senior Payroll Specialist
- Télétravail partiel possible
- Éducation : Non spécifié
- Expérience : > 4 ans
Who are they?
At Welcome to the Jungle, we make work actually exciting. We do so by building innovative employer brand solutions that make companies attractive to workers, and by creating inspiring experiences and content that empower workers and companies to build new rules for a more sustainable work.
Our job board provides thousands of job offers to help digital workers explore the professional world and find exciting career opportunities, with the most immersive and friendly design on the market.
Our B2B solutions make companies attractive by highlighting their employer brand to attract the right talent, and enable them to offer a seamless recruitment experience to job hunters and recruiters.
Our media about work empowers workers and companies to build new rules for a more sustainable work experience. We do so by exploring the future of work with our experts, and by sharing first-hand advice from workers and leaders going through shared experiences.
We believe that another work is possible, a work that is exciting and sustainable, one that takes care of people and the world. A work that reconciles the company and those who make it. Yes, we have great ambitions for work. We want it to inspire us, excite us, make us free and proud, to strengthen our capacity to positively transform the world.
We want to give work a sustainable place in our lives.
Welcome to the Jungle in numbers:
Founded in 2015
A team of 300+ people based in the city center of Paris and Prague.
2.9M+ unique visitors on our website every month
5000+ client companies including Sephora, Groupe Fnac Darty, My Little Paris, Leboncoin, Société Générale, PwC France, Amazon, EY, Johnson&Johnson, Checkout.com…
What it’s like to work in the Jungle?
- You will be part of a meaningful and challenging mission: you will contribute directly to prepare the future of work and promote a positive social impact (and it starts with internal experiments!)
- You will work in an international environment: 16 different nationalities are represented in our teams, we have offices in Prague and we are preparing our international expansion
- Your work life balance will be guaranteed through strong initiatives including the 4-day work week
You will be able to choose your workplace thanks to our highly flexible remote policy:
- You come to our great offices in the heart of Paris (Sentier district) because you want to, not because you have to: we do not have a minimum day of presence in the office.
- Most of our positions are also open to full remote: 30% of our teams already practice it!
- Your well-being is our priority: you will have access to moka.care, a solution to help you take care of your mental health.
- You will get an attractive salary package: employee shareholding for everyone, lots of benefits (meal tickets (Swile), great health insurance (Alan) with 66% covered by the company, CSE gift vouchers, etc.)
- We want everyone involved in the growth of our project: this is why everyone has employee shareholding at Welcome to the Jungle
- At Welcome, we truly care about your professional development. We will train you on the subjects that will make you grow through our training programs : formal training plan based on your needs, or through internal Jungle Academy, or mentoring or even via our self-training space where your will find various curated contents (Management, English courses, writing workshops, Excel training…)
- We will help you in your career development providing clear career paths and creating opportunities around mobilities and promotions.
- We support our employees in their role as parents and future parents through various initiatives: birth allocation, extra days for co-parents, re-onboarding program after maternity leave, breastfeeding room
- You will join a mission that pays particularly close attention to fostering diversity, inclusion and equality within teams as well as within its community
- You will be able to enjoy our many team rituals: annual team days, bi-annual roadmap & project presentations in a Parisian theater, monthly All Hands, quarterly parties… and more! (Know more about our corporate culture here)
For all these reasons and more, we have been rewarded by the B-corp label, a very selective label where we meet the highest standards of social and environmental impact.
We are hiring a Senior Payroll Specialist to join our People team.
In your everyday job as a Senior Payroll Specialist, you will be accountable for the management of the company’s global payroll, and will ensure that employees and salaries data are well processed in our internal tools. You will also be responsible for maintaining up to date employee’s data and contracts.
Creating and developing a close collaboration with the HRBPs, the Senior Payroll Specialist will be in charge of the administrative follow-up of the teams.
In that context, the senior payroll specialist will be the key contact person for any administrative compliance topics directly impacting the payroll.
As a subject matter expert of the People Team, the Senior Payroll Specialist will keep a regular watch on market practices and local laws evolution, to secure complying processes evolution, but also develop team’s awareness and knowledge.
The Senior Payroll Specialist will also be the dedicated point of contact for complex issues related to payroll or staff administration, directly in contact with the CPO, HRBP and People Operations Manager.
The senior payroll specialist will :
Own the global payroll processes:
- Manage end-to-end local payroll processes in full autonomy : prepare monthly elements, control payslips, and coordinate the payment with our providers in compliance with the local planning defined for the year
- Handle the process with our providers and ensure that it meets the local legal requirements
- Communicate and drive the payroll process with our external partners
- Complete post payroll administration, including preparation and reconciliation of reports & controls where needed (ex: IJSS in France)
- Monitor all aspects of the employee’s life on a daily basis: paid holidays, sick leave, health insurance, lunch vouchers, etc.
Own and follow up payroll metrics and KPIs:
- Be able to have a deep analysis of payroll data in order to explain budget variation especially on the total payroll or social contributions in relation with the CPO and finance team
- Create and follow payroll KPIs on a regular basis
- Perform HR social reportings in relation with payroll and People administrative data to be included in our social reports in relation with the People Operations Manager
Partner with the HR BP to maintain up to date employee’s data and contracts:
- In relation with the HR BPs, keep up-to-date all the team’s personal and professional data
- Support the HRBPs in your areas of responsibility: working time management, local payroll, working contract amendments, etc.
- Report any issues to the HR BPs and recommend adapted solutions
- Support the HRBPs in the calculation of settlement agreements, dismissal indemnities and drive the administrative process in relation with the People Operations Manager
Be the payroll expert, responsible for identifying and solving complex issues:
- Act as expert and be able to share strong recommendations to be compliant with the local law and internal rules and processes
- Raise the awareness of the other team members when it comes to payroll or staff administration
- Manage ad-hoc projects in their area of expertise
- Be the technical referent on payroll issues for the team
At Welcome to the Jungle, we are all coming from (really) different backgrounds, that’s our main strength!
Our Senior Payroll Specialist would be someone with:
- At least 4-5 years of experience in a payroll position in a fast-paced environment (startup, scale-up)
- Solid understanding of employment laws and regulation
- Experience in an international scope
- Highly proficiency with HR information systems, Excel or Google sheets, and other programs / packages necessary for analyzing data to support decision making
- Experience with payroll taxes and social documentation
- Strong autonomy, proactivity and ability to manage multiple projects
- Team spirit with a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent communication skills, both in French and English
Welcome to the Jungle aspires to promote a positive social impact. Its mission includes paying particularly close attention to fostering diversity, inclusion and equality within teams as well as within its community.
Step 1: a first zoom discussion with Faustine, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Step 2: a zoom interview with Mathilde, People Operations Manager and Marine, Head of Talent Acquisition
Step 3: a zoom interview with Wendy or Mathilde, HR Business Partner and Faustine
Step 4: a zoom interview with Noëlla, Chief People Officer
Step 5: a zoom interview with Camille, General Manager or Adrien, Head of Sales
Welcome to the Jungle