Commercial Counsel WCE (f/m/d)
- Bac +5 / Master
- Digital, E-commerce, FinTech / InsurTech
- De 50 à 250 salariés
Commercial Counsel WCE (f/m/d)
Créée en 1998, PayPal est la première FinTech dans le monde ; elle s’emploie à démocratiser les services financiers dans plus de 200 marchés.
Cette plateforme de services de paiement permet de simplifier le quotidien de plus de 267 millions d’utilisateurs.
Pour développer une activité e-commerce, faire ses achats en ligne, rembourser un ami ou créer une cagnotte, PayPal propose des solutions simples et toujours sécurisées.
Descriptif du poste
PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. (“PayPal Europe”) is a credit institution in Luxembourg, supervised by the Commission de Surveilance du Secteur Financier. PayPal is looking for a fast-learning, dynamic lawyer to join our growing legal team.
This position is based in Paris and will dual report to the Head of EU Commercial Legal and the Head of Legal, Western and Central Europe. As part of a team of commercial lawyers, the successful candidate will advise PayPal’s sales and marketing teams in Western and Central Europe on commercial activities and strategic initiatives. To succeed in this challenging role, candidates should be mature, self-motivated and well-organised with excellent communication and problem solving skills. Candidates should also be flexible with a global outlook and collaborative working style.
An ability to work in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders is essential. PayPal is a global company and the successful candidate will need to have flexibility to work with and occasionally accommodate colleagues in different time zones (particularly Europe, the United States and Asia).
Legal Counsel Western and Central Europe (m/f/d)
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal advice to PayPal Europe’s sales and marketing teams. This is a business facing role with regular exposure to senior stakeholders. The primary role responsibilities are:
- Analysis, drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements (merchant agreements, marketing agreements, partnership agreements etc.)
- Working with the PayPal Western and Central Europe Legal team on commercial deals with key PayPal suppliers and partners
- Supporting the PayPal Marketing and Public Relations teams with advertising and press releases.
- Updating PayPal’s terms and conditions for the Western and Central Europe markets.
- Legal research and assistance on applicable requirements including regulations pertaining to payment services and electronic money, data protection law, consumer protection law and competition law.
- Partnering with PayPal legal team members across our global organisation and supporting senior colleagues on a variety strategic projects, regulatory issues and legal department operational matters.
- Creating and advising on templates, policies and procedures to address new requirements.
- Providing training on relevant topics.
- Identifying productivity improvements and helping to drive and direct process changes to ensure continuing efficiency.
- Helping to effectively manage legal budget and cost controls where required.
- Law and Masters degree from a top-tier university ideally with specialization in business law, financial services regulations or international law, or equivalent.
- First experience practicing in-house or at a reputable law firm. Experience in banking, payments, financial services or fintech is desirable.
- Ability to collaborate with senior management and cross functional stakeholders
- Confident self-starter with a keen attention for detail and an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and matrixed organisation
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in Europe, the United States and Asia and on occasion accommodate calls and deadlines aligned to their time zones
- Fluency in French and English (written and spoken) required; any other European language would be a strong asset.
Découvrez l'équipe de PayPal France
- Ajouter aux favoris
- Partager sur Twitter
- Partager sur Facebook
- Partager sur Linkedin