Who are they?
GoPro France is a research and development center in charge of everything related to image, from the camera part to the processing chip, including smartphone software.
Our goal for next generation cameras is to keep improving the best image quality on the market and to make them smarter, capable of analyzing the current scene, its context and the user’s intent to automatically take decisions for a seamless user experience from capture to sharing videos with friends. New ways of capturing the moment emerge, such as 360 cameras.
These technologies offer yet unexplored opportunities but offer new challenges in image quality and computer vision that need to be tackled to allow a wider public adoption.
Rencontrez Jean Baptiste, Director, Software Engineering
Location: Remote USA. This role can be performed anywhere from the United States.
GoPro is seeking a top tier candidate that wants to be challenged on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have experience with Hardware, Software and subscription revenue recognition methodologies. This role will be a key partner in the roll out of new initiatives, improving processes, and undertaking technical issues on the fly. A strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC regulations, FASB pronouncements, and EITF’s, including working knowledge of revenue recognition and multiple element arrangements is required. This is a prime opportunity to learn the GoPro business, make a huge impact, and help define on-going processes from the ground up.
What You Will Do
- Review contractual agreements, which includes interpreting terms, understanding the application of our accounting policies, and proactively identifying and resolving accounting complexities.
- Recommend and implement processes to account for potential new revenue streams and business models.
- Partner with our Sales Leads, Operational Managers, and FP&A team to problem solve challenges for monthly, quarterly and yearly corporate goals.
- Primary interface with FP&A on revenue, contra revenue and accounts receivable forecasting projections and methodologies.
- Assist financial and operational colleagues with ad hoc research, reporting and projects.
- Implement controls and evaluate actions required for compliance with the company's revenue recognition and accounts receivable accounting processes.
- Manage process and system improvement initiatives to automate and streamline the recognition and reconciliation of revenue and accounts receivable.
- Review credit evaluations and requests
- Primary interface with outside auditors on revenue and technical accounting positions.
Skills We’re Excited About
- Business/Accounting Degree
- 6 years of Big 4 Public accounting experience OR
- 8 years industry experience, including technical revenue recognition with CPA
- Background in Hardware, Software and/or Consumer Electronics industries
- Knowledge of software revenue recognition e.g., ASC 606 and all relevant authoritative pronouncements; knowledge in accounting treatment of complex revenue models
- Understanding of revenue guidance and effects on revenue as it relates to discounts, payment terms, and bundling
- Exceptional communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional Excel skills (pivot tables and v-lookups)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal daily direction to accomplish objectives and deadlines
- Strong organizational, information and time-management skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential company info and financials
- Highly productive and dependable team player
- Proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out of the box”
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $127,075 - $149,500. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.
Cette offre vous tente ?
D'autres offres de Corporate Finance
Ces offres peuvent vous intéresser !