- Permanent contract
- Master's Degree
- > 6 months
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Health, SaaS / Cloud Services
- From 15 to 50 employees
- Permanent contract
Cardiovascular disease is the first cause of premature death in the world. Arrhythmia is a set of heart conditions affecting tens of millions of people worldwide in which the heart beats with an abnormal rhythm, leading to symptoms such as syncope, palpitations, and stroke. It is crucial to diagnose an arrhythmia and start treatment before tragic consequences happen.
The most common exam to diagnose an arrhythmia is an ambulatory electrocardiogram (ECG), which records the electrical activity of the heart between 1 and 30 days, and even up to a few years in the case of implantable devices. The vast amounts of data generated by such tests still require experts to go through a time-consuming and labor-intensive process, resulting in elevated costs, treatment delays, and variable quality.
Cardiologs is on a mission to democratize top-tier cardiac care through medical-grade AI and software.
Since 2014, Cardiologs provides a cloud-based solution powered by a medical-grade AI trained over 1.5m ECG cases, which already automates 80% of the labor required to perform an expert-level diagnostic. Thousands of patients are diagnosed around the world every month thanks to Cardiologs.
Cardiologs is the world’s first medical device powered by deep learning, to have received regulatory clearance (CE Mark in August 2016). It is also among the first to have received FDA clearance (June 2017). Cardiologs is commercialized in the US and plans to accelerate growth in the EU in 2020.
Cardiologs is a tight-knit team of more than 30 people, based between Boston, USA, and Paris, France.
What you’ll do
We are looking for energetic Engineer(s) to strengthen our Engineering Team.
You will work hand to hand with doctors, data scientists and our IT’s experts to improve our web platform and our internal tools, to design and develop our new products and to ensure everything runs reliably.
(If you are more excited about analyzing and making sense of data, you might rather want to apply to our Data Scientist or Data Engineering position instead!)
Depending on your interests and experiences, on a typical week at Cardiologs you might:
- Work with our product and design team to develop and release a shiny new front-end component that will improve our users’ experiences
- Provide new clinical data to doctors, by improving our analysis reports
- Improve the performance of a query on our database of more than 1M ECGs
- Profile, diagnose and solve a performance bottleneck in our GPU-powered inference pipeline
- Improve upon the monitoring, alerting and logging system of our Kubernetes clusters
- Write a clever script to automate a task and speed up our R&D cycle
- Talk about code architecture, make speeches on IT topics to your colleagues, review colleagues code…
Who you are
- An autonomous, committed, enthusiastic person with a “can-do”, creative and challenging mindset
- Knowledgeable about modern web platform architectures and you have a strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
- You already worked with two or more from the following: Python, Ruby (Rails), HTML/CSS/JS (Angular, ReactJS, VueJS), Kubernetes, Relational Databases, Cloud Services (such as GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Fluent in spoken and written English, and have at least basic notions in French
- You have previous experience and/or strong interest in developing healthcare products.
- You already worked in a startup environment.
- Introductory phone call with a quick technical test
- Technical interview
- Performance interview
- Culture interview with lunch (and/or drinks) with the team
Meet the Cardiologs team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn