Cette offre a été pourvue !
Who are they?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) est la plateforme cloud la plus complète et la plus largement adoptée au monde. Elle propose plus de 200 services complets issus de centres de données du monde entier.
Des millions de clients (dont certaines des startups les plus dynamiques au monde, de très grandes entreprises et des agences fédérales de premier plan) utilisent AWS pour réduire leurs coûts, gagner en agilité et innover plus rapidement.
Amazon is looking for an experienced Security Engineer, with exposure to both building and operating production grade tools or services, to help automate and scale security, while responding to security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world.
You will be joining a team that is continually looking for ways to invent and simplify, at scale, how we support incident response, how we improve the security posture of Amazon Security Services, all the while helping driving complex security issues to resolution.
Key job responsibilities
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be a highly trusted technical lead, capable of navigating ambiguity, simplifying complex problems, and effectively communicating a vision. You work part of a team, and make appropriate trade-offs between business and technical constraints. You identify opportunities to converge overlapping technical efforts, and drive the long term strategy with support of other engineering leaders, and partner orgs. You will be expected to carry on-call duties, whether by directly supporting our internal incident security operations response team, or maintaining response capabilities for our customers; you build it, you run it. You will also be expected to drive operational excellence and efficiency in everything you do, whether by researching new, or scaling up existing capabilities, creating sane procedures, automating day-to-day tasks, and ensuring that the needs and issues of our internal customers are being addressed.
Cloud security is our highest priority. As an Amazon customer, you benefit from an environment built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations. As a Security team member, you will help secure that environment.
The ideal candidate is a creative, will have a well rounded-technical background, as well as a history of building and operating large or complex systems end-to-end. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. This candidate should possess verifiable leadership qualities including being proactive, thoughtful, thorough, decisive, and flexible, conducting themselves professionally and with integrity at all times. Maturity, and high level judgment are essential to success. The candidate is not just a spokesperson for projects, but drives to get the right things done. At the core of the position is delivery. You will have a strong working knowledge of cloud technologies, and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
A day in the life
- You review new and ongoing security mitigations to implement, analysing the proposed path forward and course correcting rapidly.
- You align the short term requirements with our long term investments, consistently measuring innovation impact, and proposing out-of-the box solutions.
- You identify gaps by constantly challenging the norms. Every little innovation could result in days of operational improvement for your engineers and customers.
- You synchronise frequently with other specialised teams to maintain an homogeneous vision.
About the team
You will work with a small team of passionate security engineers with strong background in automation and architecture on Amazon Security and past incident response experience.
We support the Security incident response teams through active involvement and automation. We work with them, and for them. We partner with other internal security teams and service teams to drive efficiency in our operations.
Scale is our number one challenge, and you will be integral to developing and improving the security posture of our services, through the operationalization of GuardDuty, globally.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- A MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or 8+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
- A high degree of organisation and be very detail-oriented. Must be able to interact with and influence people at all levels.
- Experience with virtualisation technologies, familiarity with AWS and GuardDuty services is highly valued in particular.
- Extensive knowledge of internet security issues and threat landscape.
- Strong knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
- Well-rounded background in host, network and application security.
- Previous experience on a Security Operations team, or experience coordinating responses to security incidents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon est un employeur engagé pour l'égalité des chances. Nous sommes convaincus qu'une main d'oeuvre diversifée est essentielle à notre réussite. Nous prenons nos décisions de recrutement en fonction de votre expérience et de vos compétences. Nous apprécions votre envie de découvrir, d'inventer, de simplifier et de construire. La protection de votre vie privée et la sécurité de vos données constituent depuis longtemps une priorité absolue pour Amazon. Veuillez consulter notre Politique de Confidentialité pour en savoir plus sur la façon dont nous collectons, utilisons et traitons les données personnelles de nos candidats.