This position was filled!
Who are they?
In an increasingly conscious fashion industry, where showroom sales campaigns, also known as fashion weeks, have become more intense and scattered time and location wise, ModaResa wants to enable brands and buyers to efficiently plan their selling and buying campaigns in the most sustainable and optimal way, thanks to clever scheduling.
Thanks to ModaResa’s algorithms, a brand like Jacquemus saves an average of 110 working days per year across their wholesale team, while reducing team stress significantly and delivering instant and autonomous planning experience for their global buyers.
Now that we’ve established best practices within brands, we’re accelerating on our core mission: reducing the carbon footprint of global buyers in relation to their B2B buying journey. ModaResa will allow buyers to see where in the world brands are presenting, over what time period and through what format, and thus optimize the route through them with our optimization algorithms.
You will be responsible for the back-end development of an intellectually challenging B2B application involving calendar views that should handle complex business interactions, along with the CTO and the rest of the team. You will hereby directly participate in the company’s growth and create its value. You will advise the CTO on the best choices to make from a technical perspective to reach the company goals and execute the commercial strategy in the best possible way.
Mission: Architecture, lead and build our next scalable and performant version/V2 of ModaResa. Be part of an A-player tech team in an inspiring working environment, where there is room for growth and constant learning for everyone. Deliver a high performing product with an increasing impact and value for our worldwide customer base, on our path to become the standardised ecosystem for sustainable and optimised scheduling across brands and buyers worldwide.
Deploy regularly high quality features
Deploy at least once a week features in production with 90% code coverage
Handle, master and simplify a complex business domain
Help the front end specialists to build an amazing User Interface
Build a performant and resilient system
Create a scalable and performant architecture easy to maintain, well tested and documented
Offers system response time less than 100 ms for the 99 percentile
Maintain a SLA of 99 so less than 3 days of downtime a year
Mentor more junior developers
Reserve 3 hours by day to do pair programming with the team
Help junior developers to grow technically and help them to learn best practices like TDD
Create a documentation and onboarding process allowing developers to do their 1st commit the 1st day
Our evolving Tech Stack 👾
On the back : Typescript - Node.JS / NestJS - Prisma - PostgreSQL- REST
On the front : React - Tailwind CSS
- Enter at an early stage in a key role for a product with demonstrated high traction and successful execution
- Key decisions on a NEW version from scratch with an international team in a stimulating environment
- See how your work has a direct impact on an extremely archaic and analog industry
- Work from LVMH’s accelerator at Station F in Paris or remote work possible + remote team retreats in cool places.
- Salary + ESOP package depending on profile (€40K - €60K according to the profile and the experience)
This must speak to you
- You are a reliable, trustworthy and inspiring team player never satisfied with the status quo
- You are known for your tenacity, high standards and respect towards fellow team members
- You are a professional who delivers regularly code that is tested and easily maintainable
- You truly thrive in a fast-paced, analytical but informal environment
- You tend towards growing at company rather than changing jobs often
- You are used to working with an agile framework/lean/kanban methodology
- Ideally a Computer Science degree, Information Technology or similar, but if you’re a self-learner and can show to high performing teams and products, that works too
- You have at least 3 years of experience (especially in NodeJS / Typescript / relational databases (SQL) )
- You know how to do efficient automated tests and you are eager to do TDD.
- You know how to design a database architecture and make it accessible to others developers with clear boundaries
- You know how to maintain a NodeJS application in production with monitoring and the capacity to solve performance issues
- BONUS : good knowledge of NestJS
- BONUS: you have some knowledge in Domain Driven Design or architecture like CQRS and Event Sourcing