Finance Analyst (Intern)
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Luko is the fastest growing Insurance in Europe and France’s #1 Neo Insurance.
Today, Luko’s mission seems obvious: to transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
Beyond the protection of individuals, insurance must serve society. It should be an ally to the planet and to its environmental issues.
We believe that insurance must be simple, transparent and useful.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience. Luko is not just about insuring, but also about preventing issues. We are building the best AI-powered technologies to avoid accidents in every European home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 300,000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 220+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion and diversity within the teams.
Are you ready to join our journey?
Rencontrez Raphael, CEO
📍6 months Internship based in Paris. Start date : April 2023
Your mission in the team:
As reporting and finance scope grows at Luko, and because we want to better monitor the finance data models, we are looking for a finance analyst intern. This person will be part of the data team and work closely with the finance team.
This person will understand the metrics in the tables (earned premiums, collected premiums, MRR, risk_carrier…) and ensure consistency between sources (contracts vs billing tool vs actual collected).
Example of missions :
- Create financial reporting using the data stack: work with key financial metrics (earned premiums, collected premiums, MRR, risk_carrier…) and ensure consistency between sources (contracts vs billing tool vs actual collected);
- Collaborate closely with the finance team to transform business requirements into actionable datamarts;
- Maintain and optimize finance data models, define and share the good practice for developing them;
- Monitor and optimize the data quality metrics insuring the health of our finance datamarts and the reliability of our finance processes.
What do we recommend to be successful?
- You have some experience in SQL
- You have strong analytical skills and you are data-driven
- You are result-oriented and focus on the value created by your development
- Be a Fast learner with curiosity about analytical & financial challenges
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English
- You are studying or have studied in the data/engineering field and you are looking for a 6 months internship (with an internship agreement provided by your university/school);
A previous experience in the insurance industry, or in finance support functions is a plus.
What is in it for you?
- Be part of the fastest-growing Insurtech in Europe
- Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being
- Evolve in a stimulating and challenging environment
- Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team
- International and friendly team and Offices in Paris & Berlin
- Meal vouchers
- Learning and development course
- Free books policy
- 6 days off during your 6 months internship
- Remote-friendly policy
Our recruitment process:
1. First interview/ Introduction call with Madec, Reporting & Finance Analyst.
2. Case study + debrief with Pie-loup, Lead Data Analyst
3. Lukofit interview with Alison from the People team
Who are we?
Luko is the #1 insurtech in France and Europe. On top of being an insurer, Luko is also a life partner making home insurance simple and transparent, while empowering thousands of policyholders into taking care of their homes on a daily basis.
Our obsession? Delivering an incredible insuree experience, and transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
But Luko is not just about insuring, it is also about building an insurance serving society and preventing issues. This led us to implement the Giveback into our business model and to develop home care services to help millions of Europeans take care of their home.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 400 000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 200+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion, and diversity within the teams.
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
Our company-wide communication language is English (written & spoken). We would therefore appreciate it if you could send us your application’s content (CV, cover letter, portfolio…) in english.
If you have any questions take a look at our Luko open handbook to find out more about who we are, what we do and how we work
Belonging: Diversity, Inclusion & Equity
We believe inclusion is the result of ongoing commitment. We want to build an authentic environment, open to everyone regardless of nationality, physical ability, family structure, age, socio-economics, civil status, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic origin, religion, belief or anything else that makes your life experience unique. We are continuously working to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment, where everyone has a space to thrive. To encourage this philosophy we have put in place policies to support this mindset, you can read more about this here.