Capital Fund Management
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Big Data, Finance
- Paris, London, New York
- View website
Past and future
Capital Fund Management was born through the merger of Capital Futures Management and Science & Finance in 2000. Following the merger, CFM focused on developing its activities into the leading French alternative investment firm. The company grew rapidly, both in terms of assets and talents.
Despite the various crises, financial or otherwise, CFM developed significantly in the second half of the 2000s. Capital Fund Management has continued to grow from a handful of employees in its early days to 250 employees today. CFM specialises in quantitative and systematic trading in global markets with offices in Paris, New York, and London. The company offers complex strategies based on a highly scientific approach to trading, using statistical analysis of terabytes of financial data and modelling at the cutting edge of academic research.
Creation of CFM
The Equity Statistical Arbitrage strategy is introduced
Starts intraday trading
Launch of the Quantitative Multi-Strategy program.
The New York Office opened
The London Office opened
To put client at the forefront of modern investment management !
Big-data and technology are set to have as profound an impact on the world as the industrial revolution. In fields as varied as medicine, science and finance, we are already seeing massive advances. CFM has been a pioneer of econophysics and has pushed innovation through applying research and academic techniques to finance and economics, seeking to create consistent returns not correlated to wider market performance and applying appropriate risk parameters.
New signatory to the UN Women Empowerment Principles
Our values are the foundation for our firm: embrace discovery, be dedicated, deliver impact and excel together.
We are intellectually curious, keen to explore new ideas and challenge assumptions in order to see the firm’s thinking, research and analysis come to life in a way that benefits our clients. CFM is looking for great minds to help the firm remain at the forefront of the sector.
Commitments and CSR
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are very important to us and key in our organisation to:
- Support the commitment and trust of employees.
- Open new perspectives and innovations.
- Improve our decision-making.
- Increase performance and results.
Our program focus on the inclusion of women and socially disadvantaged populations.
At CFM, we've always celebrated what makes us different.
- Our giving back program: We developed a platform to give our employees the opportunity to volunteer either in their free time or during working hours (8 hours per year are given by CFM).
- Solidarity race: We participate in solidarity events such as “La course de Héros” where 38 employees run in support of the Fondation Raoul Follereau - a charity fighting against all exclusion caused by illness, ignorance, and poverty.
- Girls who code (US organization in collaboration with CFM ): Girls Who Code is a nonprofit organisation which aims to support and increase the number of women in computer science by equipping them with the necessary computing skills to pursue 21st century opportunities.
- Women in Quantitative Finance: At CFM we are committed to promoting diversity within scientific research and have launched a scholarship program called ‘Women in Quantitative Finance’. This scholarship aims to encourage women researchers in fields of scientific study where they are unfortunately underrepresented. Our commitment is to financially back two new PhD students each year.