Lead Backend Engineer - remote friendly
- Télétravail total possible
- FinTech / InsurTech, SaaS / Cloud Services
- Entre 250 et 2000 salariés
Lead Backend Engineer - remote friendly
- Télétravail total possible
Cette offre a été pourvue !
Who are they?
Their mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. They simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, they’re passionate about creating the best product - with both impact and a great user experience. So if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing a rather old-fashioned industry, get in touch.
You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
- Becoming market leader for online SME banking in Europe with 250,000 SME clients
- Getting recognized as one of the Top 10 startups to work for (LinkedIn | Glassdoor)
- Opening offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona
- 600+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use.
- Ambition | They tackle big challenges. No matter what
- Teamwork | They create momentum by working together, at the same speed
- Mastery | They pursue excellence through continuous learning. They face challenges with humility. Every day
- Integrity | They’re open. They’re honest. And they earn the trust of their clients and each other
Software Engineers at Qonto craft polished user experiences, highly scalable APIs and robust banking services, all to help create the finance solution all businesses love.
The backend engineering team at Qonto currently has over 80 highly skilled engineers, from all over the world, working closely in cross-functional teams to shape our finance solutions. They participate in the discussions on the direction of our banking product, manage how we will handle our ever-growing user base needs, and deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Lead Backend Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Manage a team of 5 to 8 Backend Engineers
• Coordinate with engineering, product and design leads to define a vision and strategy for your cross-functional team
• Drive the delivery of your cross-functional team to help us meet business objectives
• Mentor, pair, and delegate work to foster the professional and technical growth of your teammates
• Help build a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive team culture and make it shine
• Run 1o1s and quarterly progress reviews to provide regular feedback to your team members
• Run interviews to hire new team members
• Design, build, test, document, run, review and maintain code in Python, Golang or Ruby
• Support a critical service used by tens of thousands of users on a daily basis
Our primary languages are Python, Golang and Ruby on the backend, EmberJS on the frontend, and Kotlin and Swift for our Mobile applications. Our platform runs on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS, with PostgreSQL as our database of choice, using Kafka for our event-driven architecture and ELK for logging and auditing, among many other tools, services, and applications.
However, not mastering our stack is not an issue at all! A lot of Qontoers have learned Python, Go and/or Ruby since they joined us.
🧠 What you could work on
As part of our Engineering Department, you will be the backend lead of a cross-functional team. Every cross-functional team handles a part of our product. A few examples of these teams are:
💳 Cards: the team responsible for all things cards. On the backend, this includes but is not limited to: all things related to card shipment, paying with cards, billing for cards, and card security.
🏦 Ledger: the team working on our Core Banking System, which allows us to store transactions in an accurate, scalable, and auditable way.
✈️ Onboarding: the team guiding users through a delightful and frictionless sign-up experience.
🤔 What you can expect
• Join Qonto who is winning SME banking in Europe. Qonto is on track to power one million SMEs in 2025
• Work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on quality
• Managerial training over several weeks in-house by experts
• Leverage our values and our culture of continuous improvement to boost your impact as a leader
• Share knowledge among the whole tech and product team (Internal and external talk, Weekly meetings, Tech Monthly) and the community (articles, Meetups)
🤝 Your future Head Of
One of our Heads of Backend at Qonto is David, and he's managing teams working on Platform Services. He worked in both France and the UK, initially as a Software Engineer within all-size businesses and then in technical and team leadership positions. In 2015, he left the UK for good, to join a startup in France as a CTO. His team built a platform alongside French Football Federation to help sports coaches to manage their athletes' performances. The next step in his career was another startup, but this time in the video game industry to build a data-driven platform from scratch.
• What can he bring to you and the team?
David has a lot of experience in Software Craftsmanship and Extreme programming. You will have the opportunity to work in a department that values high-quality software. He also fosters and promotes a highly collaborative workplace and embraces ambitious and difficult technical challenges.
• Your collaboration?
You can expect a very respectful relationship based on trust, empowerment, and ownership. David always makes himself extremely available and will live up to the high expectation he sets for his team members.
• Leadership: You can collaboratively lead the evolution of your cross-functional team
• Team player: You have excellent communication skills, which help you diffuse knowledge across teams and align people to work successfully on their projects
• Tech Skills: You have strong knowledge of Python and/or Go, and/or Ruby
• Languages: You are fluent in English
If you read this far and feel like this could be a great opportunity for you, don't let the imposter syndrome prevent you from applying and hit the button "Apply", we'd really love to hear from you!
A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed…
Office & Team Life
- The latest equipment from Apple
- Monthly team events
- Free coffee and snacks in the kitchen
- A competitive salary package
- Tailor-made Remote Policy
- 28 days of paid leave
- Meal vouchers
- 50% public transportation reimbursement
- An inclusive environment with a focus on parity: 40% of our teams are women
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 50+ nationalities) including access to Busuu to improve your language skills
- Career tracks and mobility opportunities that can match all expectations
💪 Our hiring process:
- A 60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, to better understand your career plan and answer any questions you may have
- A 60 min video call with your future manager, to be aligned on expectations on both sides and to talk about how you would work together
- A remote exercise to evaluate your skills and give you a taste of what working Qonto could be like
- Video calls or onsite interviews with future team members (optional) to help you understand what working at Qonto is like
- A final video call or onsite interview with the manager of your future Department
Check this article to learn more about the hiring process and we will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
Cette offre vous tente ?
- Ajouter aux favoris
- Partager sur Linkedin
- Partager sur Facebook
- Partager sur Twitter