Glose | Medium
- > 4 ans
Glose | Medium
- > 4 ans
Créée en 2014, la mission de Glose est de créer le futur de la lecture et du partage des savoirs.
Glose a été acquise en 2021 par Medium, la plateforme unique de lecture et d’écriture basée à San Francisco.
Glose est l’application qui rend la lecture plus sociale, plus efficace et plus fun. Sur web et mobile, Glose permet de découvrir, lire, surligner et annoter les passages de milliers de livres numériques et d’échanger avec une communauté de lecteurs.
Medium est une plateforme de création et de diffusion de contenus digitaux où chaque auteur peut exprimer ses idées sous la forme d’articles à destination de tous les internautes du monde entier.
Experts dans leurs missions respectives, l’objectif de Glose et de Medium est de créer LE site le plus enrichissant du web, où lecteurs, auteurs et spécialistes se rencontrent, lisent, échangent et partagent leurs expériences.
Descriptif du poste
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead the brand-new Books initiative at Medium. Medium is expanding into books, aiming to be the best platform for reading and writing, whether it’s a short blog post or a full-length book.
This position requires a highly empathetic and collaborative product leader with excellent communication skills and a proven track record of shipping great products.
As a Product Manager on the Books team you’ll work to intimately understand the needs of both authors and readers, build tools to help authors define their brand, express their ideas, amplify their voice and engage their audience on the platform. This role will help shape the future of Medium.
What you’ll do
- Own and develop the product vision and roadmap for the end-to-end books experience on Medium.
- In collaboration with our UX team, conduct research into opportunities to foster community and connection between readers and creators. Synthesize research findings with learnings from User Happiness and Data Science to develop an opinion on the highest-impact initiatives.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and Medium’s in-house editorial team within an agile process to develop features.
- Collaborate with our product marketing team to drive adoption and usage of the features you ship
- Seek to understand the competitive environment and stay on top of the state of the art in web and mobile user experiences
- Evangelize the team’s work to the organization and regularly engage in robust dialogue with executive leadership about your product(s).
- Work in an international environment (engineers in France, designers & editorial team in the US)
Who you are
- You have at least 4 years experience as a PM working on consumer web and/or mobile applications.
- You can consider multiple customers at once, bridging the needs of creators as well as readers to identify solutions that are beneficial to both.
- You have proven experience building product roadmaps, defining experiments and working collaboratively with design and engineering peers
- You have shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results
- You are an excellent communicator. You are comfortable having conversations with executives and junior team members (and everyone in between) as part of your daily work.
- You have strong product instincts, but keep those in check with a strong eye towards data
- You care deeply about user experience, and have a vision for how Medium can make words and ideas matter in the lives of our users
Déroulement des entretiens
If you apply for a position in our team, you will undergo a 4 stage interview process:
- Resume and motivation screening: this is to know who you are and what you have achieved.
- Case study / challenge in our office: you will be asked to solve a problem live with our team. This is to see how you think, the solutions you propose. And also to debrief on what you build.
- Personal meeting: this is to understand who you are and what you want –and to explain more of our culture. This is more personal. We don’t recruit to fill fixed positions. We recruit to add extraordinary individuals to our team. Individuals who want to expand, improve, take responsibility in building great things.
Throughout all this process, our obsession is to help you succeed, and get a good feel for the work we do and the team we are.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.
- Ajouter aux favoris
- Partager sur Twitter
- Partager sur Facebook
- Partager sur Linkedin