- Média, Musique, Digital
- Entre 250 et 2000 salariés
Backend Team Manager - Listeners
- Éducation : Non spécifié
- Expérience : Non spécifié
Cette offre a été pourvue !
Who are they?
DEEZER IS THE HOME OF MUSIC
From a French tech start-up created in 2007, Deezer has become one of the first French unicorns and the second largest independent music streaming platform in the world.
Now listed at the #Euronext #TechLeaders segment, growth is accelerating fueled by #Thepowerofmusic. Deezer is ideally positioned to play a key role in the continued development of the booming music streaming market. If you’re looking for an environment where you can grow and have an impact, this is the perfect time to join Deezer!
Deezer Core Product has 2 teams with distinct missions:
- Develop the Deezer application: Think, build and ship new features to millions of users.
The subjects tackled by the team are as broad as enabling users to be one tap away from the perfect tracklist and creating innovative experiences to find what to play and engage more with the content on Deezer.
At Listeners we develop the music experiences, think, build and ship new features to millions of users. The subjects tackled by the team are as broad as enabling users to be one tap away from the perfect tracklist and creating innovative experiences to find what to play and engage more with the content on Deezer.
We are looking for a Team Manager with Backend expertise to support and grow a team of talented Backend engineers. If you are capable of taking care of a team, supporting them, enjoy working closely with product and managers to build the best features possible and understand how to build high quality backend services at scale, then we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
By joining the Listeners Backend Team at Deezer, you will:
- Inspire, drive and develop a motivated team of backend engineers
- Design and build new features at scale such as live streaming, community groups
- Add, improve and maintain APIs shared across all Deezer apps through GraphQL
- Ensure that all written code and architecture is high quality, scalable, performant and monitored
- Become part of a cross-functional team of engineers (Backend but also iOS, Android, Web and QA), designers and product managers
- Contribute to the Community of Practice to improve Deezer backend stack
At Deezer, you can be your true self as we believe that #everyvoicematters. We strive to build an inclusive culture and foster a diverse environment. Because we care and want to ensure each employee feels welcome and safe at work, we continuously focus on fighting biases and helping diverse teams work well together through multiple learning opportunities, e-learnings and workshops right from the onboarding :
Regular Diversity & Inclusion internal and external talks
Dedicated employee work streams on Gender equity, Ethnicity & Culture, Disability and LGBTQ+
Multiple e-learnings and mandatory training sessions for all managers
English and French courses for all, so that everyone can connect and feel included
Beyond benefits like health insurance, transportation, we offer you extra perks like:
A Deezer premium family account for free
Access to gym classes
Deezer parties several times a year and drinks every thursday
Allowance for sports, travelling and culture …
Great offices always located in dynamic and attractive districts, whether in Paris, London, Berlin or Sao Paulo!
Hybrid remote work polic
If you want to learn more about life and culture at Deezer, please visit our Welcome to the Jungle page here !
This role is excellent for a person with :
- At least 5 years of experience in building PHP backend applications (or other backend technology like NodeJs or Go)
- A first experience in people management (internship, apprenticeship, mentor-ship, team manager)
- Proven experience in understanding, building, and maintaining large and complex code bases in production
- A mindset focused on simple & effective architecture with high quality and scalable code
- Openess to candid feedback, new perspectives, continuous learning, and self-development