- FinTech / InsurTech
- From 15 to 50 employees
Senior Product Engineer
- Permanent contract
- Possible full remote
Getting paid on time represents a significant problem for B2B companies. Unlike consumer payments, where they’ve seen massive amounts of innovation in the form of companies like Venmo & Revolut, B2B payments remain archaic. They’re on a mission to fix this, and bring delightful B2C experiences to B2B finance teams in the process.
Getting paid on time represents a significant problem for B2B companies. Unlike consumer payments, where we’ve seen massive amounts of innovation in the form of companies like Venmo & Revolut, B2B payments remain archaic, with most of the work being done in spreadsheets and involving significant amounts of back and forth between different stakeholders.
These inefficiencies are extremely problematic for companies, so much so that some go bankrupt because of this - and COVID hasn’t helped! We’re on a mission to fix this, and bring delightful B2C experiences to B2B finance teams in the process.
You can think of Upflow as a cross between an analytics tool, workflow editor and payments platform. It helps users: (1) measure their collection efficiency and identify hotspots, (2) align their team around what needs to be collected and how and (3) facilitates and streamlines the payment process. You can check out our open demo environment here.
We’re a growing, close knit team of 13 people (with 3 engineers, 1 PM & 1 Designer) taking on a massive product and engineering challenge. Our working relationship is based on trust and respect, we genuinely enjoy working with each other, and push each other to become better everyday.
We’re backed by amazing investors (YC, eFounders) and some incredible BAs (from Square, Mercury Bank and Netsuite to name a few). And continue to see strong, consistent month on month growth in Europe and in the US.
- 100% Typescript.
- React on the frontend. Node, express, graphql, sequelize, postgres and redis on the backend.
- CI/CD through circleci, hosted on heroku, code on github. Datadog & Sentry for monitoring.
What you will do
- Build high quality products that have a meaningful and measurable impact on people’s working life.
- Own your work: lead projects from concept to completion. You’re in control of your own success.
- Build & improve code across the entire stack (see below) for new and existing products.
- Practice and encourage software engineering best practices: reasonable test coverage, appropriate modularisation, designing cohesive interfaces, and making the call on technical trade-offs.
- Ship code to customers every week and measure its impact.
- Collaborate in technical reviews to strengthen our architecture and system designs.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and are at ease in a very fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- 3+ years of industry experience in software engineering with full-stack web applications.
- Proven track record of designing and building extremely high quality user facing applications.
- Pragmatic approach to engineering that strikes a balance between seamless experiences, beautiful code, maintainability, and time to market.
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code-review culture.
Why join Upflow?
- Work on-site in Paris, 100% remote or something in between.
- Join us at an early stage, most of the work lies ahead of us.
- A great and solid team of hackers and hustlers.
- Hands-off management style. We get out of the way so you can get shit done.
- All you can expect from a great place to work: free lunches, cool offices, top of the range equipment, great healthcare and competitive salary and equity.
- Regular offsites with the team, meetups and strong connections to the startup ecosystem
Meet the Upflow team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn