At Sorare, we strive to build a highly efficient Engineering team. We're committed to hire the best talent around the world and scale the right engineering teams to deliver our ambitious product goals.
To offer delightful experiences to our global audience, we constantly design, architect & implement new features & systems to deliver a high-value product to our customers. As things move quickly at Sorare, we strive for thoughtful yet quick decisions making which aligns with one of our company values to Run Fast.
To help all of our engineers grow within our team, we operate within a career ladder defined by 5 attributes:
- Technical skills and abilities: the core of what we do as software engineers
- Execution: we need to Run Fast as our eco-system is consistently evolving & we're creating a revolutionary product in a new market
- Collaboration: there is no I in TEAM
- Ownership: we promote autonomy & empower everyone to make decisions
- Business impact: Our users are at the center of everything we do; it's critical each individual thinks about the bigger business impact in their role
days you need to start contributing to a Sorare codebase to meaningfully impact Ms of users
Technologies and tools
Our game attracts millions of users and scales to a TeraByte of data.
Our platform is built around the Ethereum blockchain and the L2 layer Starkware.
Our AWS infrastructure is used to address our global hyper-growing audience.
Organization and methodologies
Most of our product development (Engineering + Product + Game-Ops) teams do weekly sprints and have their Sprint Planning on Mondays. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays we do live standup meetings; while on Monday and Friday standups are done asynchronously on Slack. Overall, we keep the organization and process as light as possible and strive to be efficient and productive.
Each team is empowered to run its own retro meetings after every other weekly sprint.
We have built out a fair yet challenging interview process because we strongly believe this is the best for both the candidates and our team to know & understand each other. Through the process, we ensure to provide you with opportunities to evaluate us as well!
A typical process at Sorare:
- Recruiter Screen: An intro call with a Technical Recruiter to discuss the job and provide more information about the company
- Technical Screening: We give you the choice between a take-home assignment or a live coding session with a Sorare engineer. If you decide to proceed with the take-home assignment, you'll also get the chance to review your results with an engineer over the phone.
- Hiring Manager Introduction: Before coming onsite, you'll have the option to connect with a hiring manager on the engineering team. This is a great opportunity to ask questions & learn more about being an engineer at Sorare!
- Final Interview: As a final step, you're welcome to join us in the office (or virtually!) to meet more team members at Sorare. YOu will complete a few technical interviews focused on coding & system design as well as a Sorare values assessment. You'll also have the opportunity to connect with your potential future manager!
Our team is still small and our Co-Founders are eager to meet future employees! We will always give you the opportunity to connect with Adrien (CTO) or Nicolas (CEO).
Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming and NFTs. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy football experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes and be part of a community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share and own the game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform had a card sales volume of over $300M (€270M) since January 2021 across 160 countries. Sorare is backed by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, footballers such as Gerard Piqué, Antoine Griezmann and Rio Ferdinand, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohanian.
Sorare looks for people who want to work on a cutting-edge game and technology. They are very ambitious and move fast. The game is already in the hands of players therefore people who want to work on an in-production and developing product would fit in well here.
Sorare like people with a growth-mindset, people who seek challenges, love learning and are curious. Employees take initiative, produce results and are empowered to do so.
They’re a company that values honesty, trust and support and like people who work collaboratively, who will listen and input in equal measures. People who want to directly input and impact a growing company and build a game potentially played by millions would thrive at Sorare.
At Sorare you can:
- Work in football
- Work in gaming
- Work in blockchain
- Work in the heart of Paris
They've got an amazing and energized team that take part in weekly company stand ups and they have quarterly company retreats where team members gather together in a nice location to discuss and input on quarterly goals and the product roadmap.
Their team has lots of varied interests like; sports, going to the gym, board games, video games, technology, economics and are interested in craft beer amongst many other passions. They regularly go for team lunches, play games together, go to the gym together and there is a friendly atmosphere in the office.
They put people first, everyone has an input and therefore all employees should share in the success, therefore they offer an attractive stock-options plan. They offer a competitive compensation package, relocation assistance, gym membership, work-space set up budget, food vouchers amongst other benefits.