Staff Software Engineer, Backend
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming and NFTs. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy sport experience where you can manage your favorite Football, Baseball and Basketball players, hone your passion to earn prizes and be part of a community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share and own the game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform had a card sales volume of over $300M (€270M) since January 2021 across 160 countries. Sorare is backed by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, footballers such as Gerard Piqué, Antoine Griezmann and Rio Ferdinand, and key tech investors such as Alexis Ohanian.
Meet Nicolas, CEO
Sorare is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join the team. You should be excited to join a growing start up where you'll work on a cutting edge product. You should have a strong understanding of front and back end development, with the interest to develop and implement your own features. This role is working on a live, in production game, therefore the work that you do impacts our players directly, so having a sensibility for the user is important. You’ll be working closely within a team of developers, reporting into the Head of Engineering. All of our team members have a say in the shape of the product, you will attend weekly meetings to help define the roadmap and priorities and then work towards building our unique and category leading game.
You don’t have to like Football, games or crypto to work here. What we look for is people who like to get things done, work in a growing company, take ownership and autonomy for their work, and want to learn and develop.
- Drive complicated projects from inception to completion
- Care deeply about security, performance, and maintainability
- Work with product and design to implement core features for our players
- Build new tools and systems to scale our infrastructure
- Technologies we currently use:
- Blockchain: Ethereum, Solidity, Starkware
- Languages: Ruby, Go, Typescript
- Frameworks: Rails, React, GraphQL
- Services: Algolia, PostgreSQL
- Platforms: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer or developer
- You have hands-on knowledge of backend development
- Independent and highly motivated: You are able to conduct by yourself with an eye towards quality
- Eager to learn: You are not afraid by new technologies or new paradigms
- Attentive to details: You strive for the best quality
- Excited to work on a growing team, solving complex issues
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English