Help us digitalize international freight transportation!
OVRSEA is growing at a tremendous pace. With already 150 employees globally, we are continuing our growth in 2023, and expanding internationally. At the forefront of our expansion: Italy, where we are recruiting 15 talents this year, and we are still growing!
What we do:
We coordinate the transports of 700+ companies across 60 countries, and provide our clients with a unique platform on which their teams can manage their shipments in a simple and transparent way.
OVRSEA targets SMBs in a wide variety of sectors: cosmetics (Nuxe, Biologique Recherche), chemistry (Crodarom), retail (Sézane), electric bikes (Cowboy), high-tech (Devialet), industry (Lincoln Electric)...
About the job
Operations Managers at the heart of OVRSEA’s customer experience: reactivity, excellence, pedagogy and customer awareness are the leitmotiv!
Ops Manager are the main points of contact for our customers, and coordinate our carefully selected service providers. They are responsible for delivering our quality of service, responsiveness and reliability.
What does it mean to be an Ops Manager at OVRSEA?
Our Ops Managers directly update our clients on the evolution of their transport, inform them on the important stages, guide them amidst constraints and hazards and find the best possible solutions when required.
They are the principal conductors of international transports. Ops Managers coordinate our chosen service providers (agents, shipping and trucking carriers, customs brokers...). Responsible for delivering our quality of service, they are key pillars of the company and drive its growth.
Global transport operations for large imports or exports (80%)
- Support a portfolio of customers.
- Carry-out and organize air, sea, road and rail transport.
- Advise customers and resolve issues proactively.
Development, structuring and strategy (20%)
- Manage supplier relationships and negotiations (carriers & agents worldwide).
- Develop the team’s knowledge (research and production of articles).
- Refine operational strategies.
Are you the one?
- You demonstrate an interest in the transport industry. You are curious by nature, and are never satisfied with the answer “we’ve always done it this way”. Experience with a forwarding agent is a plus, but not essential.
- You can handle stress: Ops days are exciting but intense. Lots of issues and requests at the same time, and non-stop deadlines… but we love it!
- You think solutions rather than problems, and you are able to take initiative.
- You have a strong interest in the startup environment, and you want to commit to an exciting entrepreneurial adventure.
- You are fluent in both English and Italian.
What will this job bring you?
- Relational skills: you will interact with people from more than 70+ countries (customers, service providers), from various industries and company sizes.
- We value a strong learning environment at OVRSEA. Continuous learning is very important to us, which will allow you to solve rather complicated problems.
- We have a team with different backgrounds: some experienced in the world of transport and others who have never done it before. This balance guarantees a dynamic and close-knit atmosphere in the face of an intense day-to-day.
🤑 Competitive salary package
🏢 Vibrant work environment & great offices in central location in Milan
🚀 A 4-week onboarding program to become fully operational in your daily job
🚌 Commuter benefits (Tundr mobility card)
🏡 Flexible working from home policy
🍽 Lunch voucher valued at 8€ per day worked (Edenred)
Still not convinced?
Explore our story, products, teams, and commitments by visiting this Notion.
Get a glimpse of our culture and our #1 value, “Learn together”, through a short video. Learn how we live this value through webinars, cultural presentations, and an immersive onboarding program that will introduce you to the exciting world of international transport.
Ready to join the crazy OVRSEA adventure? Apply now and let's fly together!
- HR interview with Juliette, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager (45').
- Interview with Nicolas, Country Manager Italy, and Solenne, Paris-based International Operations Trainer. For this interview step, you will have a practical transport case study to work on (60').
- Interview with Brieuc, COO and cofounder, and Audrey, VP of Operations (45').
- Speed recruiting and meeting with the Italian team in our offices.
- The final proposal! 🙌
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
These companies are also recruiting for the position of “Operations”.