Creative Developer - Open to full-remote ✨
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Mojo is an app used to create incredible animated social content.
Launched in 2018, the company is now the #1 app to create animated content for social media.
The app recently reached 30M installs, has a community that spans over 180 countries, and is rated 4.9/5.0 stars with over 800k ratings.
Mojo is headquartered in Paris with half of the team working remotely across Europe.
Rencontrez Jean, co-founder
Mojo is a mobile app for creating incredible animated social content. Users can choose from hundreds of animated templates, customize them to their needs and share them on all social platforms.
Mojo was launched in 2018 and is now the #1 app for creating animated content for social media.
The app recently reached 30M installs with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 and hundreds of thousands of paying subscribers.
At Mojo, we believe that creating great visual content should not require technical skills.
That’s why we want to put a design agency in every pocket.
With a designer in hand, we make it easier for people to become creators, shop owners, marketers, or artists - and earn a living from it.**
CANDIDATES BASED IN EUROPE OR UK ONLY
“A unique opportunity to work on an app that has millions of users. The role encompasses performance, optimization, threading, low-level programming, and video rendering. The result being very visual and ever-changing! ”
Your job will consist in coding gorgeous animated templates and visual effects for the millions of users of the Mojo app.
You will be part of the creative content squad and will be working directly with the design team and the graphic engine team: The heart of our company.
The creative content you create for the app defines our product and empowers our users to create grade A design content without any design knowledge.
Our design team will come up with new animated designs for templates, and you will turn those designs into code so they can be added to the app.
Here is a simple example of an animated template.
You will have to turn the different elements composing the design into code, specifically:
- the layout: sizes, margins, positioning, constraints, etc.
- the visual elements: colors, stock media, fonts, graphic elements, etc.
- the animations: timings, durations, easing functions, values change, etc.
In order to do so, you will have to:
- analyze and break the animated designs into elements that can be coded
- dive into graphic and motion design tools (Figma, Photoshop, Sketch, After Effects, etc.) to extract the information to reproduce the designs with pixel and timing perfections
- code those visual elements with a responsive approach so users can edit the format, the media, and the texts without breaking the design
- test those templates in different conditions to make sure they support all the use cases
- Add new templates to the Mojo app on a weekly basis
- Help improve the format used for templates, to make creative coding more efficient and less time-consuming
- Work with the graphic engine team to add the missing graphic features that are needed for new templates
- Look out for new graphic and motion design trends that could benefit the Mojo app
- Design integration: you have at least 2 years of experience turning designs into code
- Graphic & Motion design: you can design simple layouts and animate static designs from scratch
- Visual Sense: you are good at breaking down graphic compositions into distinct visual elements. You can tell when a design implementation is pixel-perfect, and you have a trained eye for timings and animations.
- Coding languages: you have experience with markdown languages (JSON, XML, HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Basic Math: you can use basic math formulas & geometric calculations to obtain simple graphic results
- Visual coding: having some basic knowledge of OpenGL and a shading language would be a great plus
✨ Our work style ✨
We are a small team of 24 people. Almost all of us are based in Europe. We have an office in Paris where half of us go weekly. The rest of the team works remotely and usually comes monthly to the office.
We gather every six months for team offsites and regularly host team events in Paris.
We work in English. Our communication is mainly written.
Most of our major initiatives are organized in autonomous squads.
✨ Our core values ✨
💪 We have a doer mentality. We love taking initiatives to drive visible results for the company. We also cultivate a strong sense of autonomy and ownership for all topics.
🚀 We are excited about the change and always move forward with big ambitions.
❤️ We deeply care about other people, whether they are our teammates or Mojo creators. We advocate transparency and candid feedback. We want to become a B-corp within the next year, aiming for a more fair, inclusive, and sustainable world.
✨ Compensation & benefits ✨
Competitive salaries based on upper-range market data
Stock Options aligned with US market practices
A minimum of 5 weeks of paid vacation for all, no matter the country of residency, and 10-week fully paid parental leave.
Health and disability insurance are covered at 100% by the company
Pension fund contribution is tailored locally to provide the best coverage
🌍 Remote-friendly equipment & setup: we provide the best-gear laptop and peripherals, and cover the cost of home equipment and coworking space for full-remote teammates. Transportation and accommodation are also fully covered when coming to the Paris HQ.
🌳 Up to 3 days for your learning initiatives with a dedicated budget and 🇬🇧 English lessons to perfect your language skills.
🎉 Team events: we do team offsites twice a year, plus frequent team gatherings at our Paris HQ.
✨ Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging ✨
We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued at the workplace. We believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We welcome applications from people with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require assistance, please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Our hiring process can be as short as 2 weeks, and here are the 3 main steps:
- Screening interview (30 min)
- Async technical test or 2-hour live test - depending on the job
- Final interview (1h30)