Who are they?
The world of work has been transforming at an incredible speed.
Corporations are searching beyond their walls for new skills, while smaller firms and freelancers are demanding greater freedom and new possibilities.
At LittleBig Connection, we create a direct, transparent link between all stakeholders, big and little.
We establish seamless relationships by bringing together the right people with the right profiles, so they can team up more easily than ever before.
LittleBIG Connection is actively looking for a Software Architect!
Working closely with the technical leaders of your tribe and reporting to the Head of IT, you’ll be integrating LittleBig’s software architecture cell accountable for all architecture topics from the design till the integration.
We are looking for an experienced and talented software architect to be responsible for upgrading or defining new architecture systems to support future and current applications. He or she will see the big picture needs of the company and design scalable architecture to handle our current and future software application needs.
To be successful as a software architect, you should have in-depth knowledge of software architecture, experience with network design, high-level programming skilsl sand excellent teamwork skills.
Squad / team organization
- Works closely with the other architects and the tribe tech leads
- Works with the tribe Product Managers for the technical roadmap and its inclusion on the global roadmaps
- Manages technically the tribe Technical Leaders by mentoring and being their backup
Roles and responsibilities
We’d expect from your profile:
- Work on Proof Of Concepts and write technical specifications related whenever they have to become real solutions
- Participates and share advices for tribe roadmaps
- Has the final decision other technical discussions
- Prioritize the technical topics for the tribe
- Onboard and mentor new technical leaders
- Reports to the Head Of IT about the architecture current health and main projects to be planned to prepare the future
- Oversees the technical quality of the tribe
- Oversees and optimize the releases processes
- Troubleshoots design flaws and system bottlenecks
- Ensure the future and the scalability of the infrastructure on technical and legal aspects (ex. GDPRcompliance, sharding, ...)
- Picks the best solution for a technical need (home made, open source, SaaS, ...)
- Synchronises with other architects to ensure common rules or a common target for the infrastructure
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma/Degree in Computing/ Information Technology or equivalent
- Experience in development on highly demanding projects (performance, security & scalability)
- At least 8 years of development experience in Java
- At least 5 years of experience in relational (such MySQL) and NoSQL (such as MongoDB) databases
- Al least 5 years of experience in Angular
- Strong experience in Redis, ELK & queueing software like in Microservice environments
- Experience in implementing and managing RESTful web services
- Have implemented some form of custom frameworks such as security and validations
- Knowledge in DevOps topics (will push for changes, optimisations, ... and open challenges)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good English speaker
- Advanced understanding of modern software development methodologies (unit testing, OWASP10 security, performance,
- High ability to communicate and play a pedagogical role with different audiences (tech. leaders, stakeholders, ...)
We do expect software architects to be the bridge between technic and product; You will remain curious about technical topics and spread them among the different teams by being a change evangelizator. Showing your pragmatic attitude, you will work as a team player to bring long term solutions and being committed to their delivery. We will also expect you to regularly present our “architecture state of the art“ within the company and/or to external networks.
We work on UNIX containerized environment and use Gitlab CI/CD to deploy the applications / microservices regularly (almost 2 releases per week in 2022). Our stack includes a common IDE (IntelliJ), postman (API env.), SonarQube, Thrivy and several other tools ensuring high standards for our platform for any new features and easing the migration / remediation of our legacy path.
We are looking for our future teammate, so if you think you fit the profile, don't hesitate to apply!
We look forward to meeting you 😊
LB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to promoting diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. For this purpose, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, beliefs, age, marital status, disability, or other characteristics.
Other Back-end Development jobs
These job openings might interest you!