- Bruxelles, Berlin, Brussels, London, San Francisco, Séoul, Tokyo
- View website
AppTweak helps companies gather and analyze data on their app and game performance on the App Store and Google Play. To do so, we:
- Gather gigabytes of data every day through ETL pipelines.
- Store and organize this data in a wide range of databases.
- Build algorithms and models that generate relevant predictions and insights for our clients. Craft intuitive and easy-to-use visualization that leverages these API calls.
We deploy these workers and services through docker containers running on Kubernetes. This makes us tech agnostic and allows us to use the best libraries and languages for each service; we love Ruby and use it as much as we can but we aren’t afraid to try new things!
Database technologies in use
Technologies and tools
Ruby On Rails50%
Organization and methodologies
AppTweak’s Dev and Data Science teams are organized into 9 squads. A squad is a cross-functional team that has full ownership and autonomy over a specific area of the AppTweak tool.
Each squad decides how they organize themselves but in general, they each set up 2-week sprints with the following rituals:
- Stand-ups: daily or several times a week, depending on the squad.
- Sprint plannings and retrospectives to start and end each sprint.
- Demo days: every month, the squads showcases upcoming or recently-released features for the whole AppTweak team.
- Debug: bugs are managed on a weekly basis, on Thursday.
Projects and tech challenges
Our projects cover a significant part of the machine learning spectrum: tabular data, clustering, natural language processing, image analyses, time series analyses…
Our challenge is to find, understand, and properly use the most promising technologies for each of these fields.
Some of our algorithms are trained with >500M data points, which require the optimization of convergence and memory management.
We sometimes train on GPUs and need to optimize all this CUDA sorcery.
We build and maintain REST APIs to serve the predictions of our algorithms, ensuring we meet the speed requirements of the software.
Our whole frontend layer has been modernized and is now built using ReactJS with Redux and Redux-Saga to handle state and data loading. As the main application is now fully in React, we would like to improve our front-end architecture by migrating towards a micro front-end architecture.
Some parts of the application (like our keyword table) have to display thousands of data, so we always have to keep performance optimization in mind.
The application constantly evolves with weekly releases. One of our challenges is to maintain a high-quality front-end standard.
40-min interview with our Talent Manager
1-hour interview with the Hiring Manager
Technical Take-home test
1 final interview to debrief the case
AppTweak is the leading App Store Optimization (ASO) tool - think SEO but then for the app stores. AppTweak empowers 1,600+ mobile leaders - such as Amazon, Jam City, Yelp, and Adobe - to grow their apps and games with actionable insights in a simple interface.
Launched in 2014, AppTweak has grown to a team of more than 75 people with offices in Brussels, San Francisco, Tokyo and Bengaluru. In April 2021, AppTweak raised a $22 million investment in series B funding. We’re gearing up for fast growth and are looking for ambitious individuals to join our team.
What they are looking for
AppTweak is built on 4 values: learn, play, perform and friendly. AppTweak is looking for motivated people who like to learn and discover new things. Because of its field of activity, AppTweak has to continuously train, develop and innovate in order to remain at the forefront of new technologies and evolutions. The team is therefore looking for people with a real "Growth Mindset", who not only want to implement what they have learnt in their daily work, but also to pass on and share their knowledge and experience internally.
AppTweak is looking for people who are autonomous, and who like to take responsibility. The team is open to suggestions for improvement and new ways of doing things! They do not believe that there is one right way to do things. In fact, "play seriously" refers to this very concept: Have fun in your job and be a force to be reckoned with!
AppTweak is looking for genuine people who come to work "as they are". They attach great importance to their friendly environment - everyone at AppTweak is friendly and helpful, both internally and externally. AppTweak believes that fostering a healthy and caring environment creates the best conditions to drive performance - AppTweak's fourth value. The team is looking for people who like to see projects through to completion and aim to deliver value to their clients.
Good to know
- The team loves food and Cake Monday is a big thing at AppTweak!
- AppTweak holds monthly Demo Days and General Meetings. The Demo Days allow everyone to see what's new in the product and the General Meetings inform the team of the results and evolution of the company.
- Annually, a three-day teambuilding is organized somewhere in Europe. This is an opportunity for all employees from all over the world to get together somewhere and meet each other.