Senior Manager, Strategic Operations - Global Communications
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Adevinta is a global classifieds specialist, with +40 online marketplaces in 13 countries, with 8,100 employees. Through their trusted brands, including leboncoin in France, mobile.de in Germany and 2dehands in The Netherlands, they create perfect matches.
They connect house-hunters to new homes, jobseekers to new careers and buyers and sellers to give previously-owned products a new life, all helping to create brighter futures for millions of people. By making these connections, they’re creating positive change for the world and helping to build a more sustainable future.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Operations sits within Adevinta’s Communications Function. The role will be responsible for the efficient delivery of communications campaigns and services to all Communications teams across Adevinta and its portfolio of local (B2C and B2B) brands. The role leads a small team with three core focus areas: tools & channels, events & merchandising and Communications community & collaboration.
The Senior Manager will also be at the heart of collaboration across Communications teams, connecting communications professionals across Adevinta to deliver the best possible outcomes its brand reputation, as well as making Communications a great place to work. This role reports into the Senior Vice President of Communications and has 3 direct reports.
Key Roles and responsibilities:
- Define and advance the strategy and plan for the Communications CoE, proactively engaging with the Communications community to ensure the CoE meets its current and future needs. The plan should also include clear OKRs and development plans for CoE team members. Endorsement should also be sought from the Director Corporate Communications and Communications CoE
- Oversee the budget for Communications CoE activities, including third party vendor requirements
- Oversee the coordination of the Communications Activities calendar, ensuring it is kept up to date and actionable at all times
- Oversee Communications collaboration activities, including formal and informal opportunities for collaboration across Communications teams
- Oversee the active management and maintenance of knowledge & content libraries designed to make Communications more efficient and effective (e.g. a library of useful tools, templates and lessons learned to support the smooth execution of internal and external events by other Communications teams).
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of vendor and agency lists, to support merchandising and other Communications requirements
- Ensure the CoE maintains subscriptions / licenses to relevant Communications tools that meet current and future Communications needs (e.g. Canva, Bananatag)
- Oversee the management of Communications mailboxes and distribution lists - Actively make Communications a great place to work, through contributing ideas, knowledge, success stories and lessons learned to the Communications community
- Encourage and inspire their team to offer their best and boost their potential through identifying and supporting development opportunities, while balancing individual and business needs
This role is part of the Communications team at Adevinta. The Communications team is essential to realising Adevinta’s ambitions, internally and to the market. Internally, Communications embeds the Adevinta brand and culture through proactively communicating as ‘one voice’, guided by a clear talent experience strategy. To the market, Communications puts Adevinta on the map to key audiences through proactively communicating Adevinta’s brand and value proposition.
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- Flexible benefits programme (transport, restaurants, child-care, etc)
- Free daily breakfast
- 26 days of holiday
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role but are interested, please consider applying anyway. Research suggests that women and individuals from underrepresented groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We strongly encourage people from historically excluded groups to apply and look forward to speaking with you.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience - 8+ years' progressively responsible experience in corporate communications or other relevant discipline
- Delivering communications operational activities, including managing a small team to support delivery
- Experience in managing, developing and motivating a team
- Managing multiple time-critical and sensitive projects, often on a global scale
- Working with executives at all levels and building partnerships across functions and markets
- Managing third party vendor relationships
- Working across multiple geographies and cultures
- Top-class written and verbal communication skills in English (with written Spanish and/or French being an added bonus). Ability to ‘start with a blank page’ providing writing support to senior management
- Comfortable working with uncertainty, rolling with changes, and cutting through complexity; can-do attitude and creative problem solver.
- Commercially minded, with a sound understanding of business drivers & industry trends
- A keen eye for innovation and innovative solutions to enhance the value add of the Communications function to Adevinta
- A team player - actively contributing to a positive environment, living and breathing our key behaviours - having a heart for Adevinta's brands
- Diplomatic and collaborative, an effective relationship builder, with proven success in managing the demands of multiple stakeholders with integrity