This position was filled!
Who are they?
Along with the benefits of micro-mobility and other new mobility solutions, cities face growing challenges as they integrate fast-developing modes of transportation. Vianova is the leading platform for managing connected and shared mobility in the urban public realm. The company’s technology helps cities and mobility operators better collaborate and communicate, in order to foster more liveable and breathable streets.
We envision Vianova as the digital marketplace for cities to control and manage their public space: our mission is to help cities efficiently orchestrate the ever increasing influx of curb traffic associated with the proliferation of on-demand transport and delivery services (and eventually, autonomous vehicles), as well as easily enforce their rightful regulations.
The team gathers 17 people with deep and diverse domain expertise in mobility, mapping and technology. Vianova has been awarded various innovation prizes and is already live in 15 cities across Europe.
We are now looking for an ambitious and hands-on Senior Back-End & DevOps Engineer to join our fast growing startup based in Paris, and have the opportunity to shape the future of urban mobility as well as public space together.
We are a passionate team, on a mission to help cities take back control of their streets, making it more liveable and breathable for billions of citizens. What keeps us as a team is a love of learning and building, and we have a big vision to fulfil that comes with huge technical challenges to overcome. We are looking for “tech for good” enthusiasts to help us build the next generation Operating System for smart cities to manage all connected mobility services.
This is an amazing growth opportunity for anyone who seeks a position at a fast-growing startup. Our platform is already launched with paying customers. We have been part of 2 major European Accelerators, and we just closed a 1.8 million euros seed round.
- Yearly compensation: €50k – €65k
- Competitive BSPCE (equity)
- Navigo: 50% | Health Insurance: 50%
- Maintain and improve our CI/CD pipelines
- Manage our platform with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Pulumi)
- Develop strategies to reduce processing time on the Vianova platform
- Apply and implement robust DevOps workflows
- Develop in Python the Back-End mobility intelligence of the Vianova platform
- Lead the development of public APIs to be shared with mobility operators and cities, containing mobility and compliance metrics
- Develop mobility data APIs using mobility data standards (MDS, GBFS)
- In charge of build/run by following DevOps philosophy
- Be part of a challenging adventure, with a passionate team, shaping the future of urban mobility and smart cities in Europe
- Work alongside a world class team from Google, Alliance Renault-Nissan, HSBC
- Agile and fun working culture, with great colleagues to learn from
- Your ideas and gut instincts will be valued and respected
- Comfortable offices in the center of Paris with gym and canteen
- Mandatory development experience in Python (previous job or personal work) — Knowledge of RESTful and JSON APIs development in Python (Django, Flask)
- Mandatory experience with IaaS and PaaS pipelines in modern cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of relational and nonrelational database management (MongoDB, PostgreSQL) — Recommended experience with large data set manipulation & data mining
- Full capacity to setup/deploy new features with modern CI/CD and deployment tool chain by adopting state of the art version control and release management
- Required previous experience with cloud deployment of web services and integration of 3rd party APIs
- Maker spirit and grit: we are looking for someone passionate, entrepreneurial and go-getter, with a strong work ethic as well as a genuine interest in the company’s mission
- screening interview (~30min)
- standard technical tests (~90min)
- technical challenge + interview (~60min)
- meeting with the team (~2h)