This position was filled!
Who are they?
TheFork, a TripAdvisor® Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia and Latin America, with a network of more than 80,000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits and present in 22+ countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants and diners.
Through TheFork (website and application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type and average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
From the restaurants’ side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire and enable people to confidently discover, experience and share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business and how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
Rencontrez Emile, Fullstack Developer
Welcome to our fabulous world. 🍴We are TheFork. Our mission is tobring happiness through amazing dining experiences, thanks to our 3 main products :
📱 TheFork App : the restaurant discovery and booking app for every occasion
🖥️ TheFork Manager : the tool to digitize restaurant operations and be in full control of your business
💳 TheFork Pay & gift cards : the new and amazing dining payment experience
Creator of a unique model that disrupted the restaurant industry 15 years ago, we are now the leading dining platform across Europe and Australia. We are experiencing an exciting period of growth, and we need the greatest folks onboard. Together, we will make our wildest dreams come true! We strongly believe that our mission can only be achieved if we also bring happiness to our working environment. We do this by providing a flexible, multicultural and positive environment where each individual has the space to grow.
We nurture this happy culture through our core values: We are better together - We act like an owner - We genuinely care for our users and customers - We believe in transparency - We never stop learning - Speed wins
Oh! And we are also part of the big Tripadvisor family ❤️
Your future buddies, the Forkies.
You will join one of our new Diner Experience squad (Native Apps / Web / Backend devs, Product manager, Engineering Manager, Designer & QA). Each squad is focusing on a specific step of the user journey, with the goal of making our diners have the best dining experience.
Partnering closely with Data and CRM teams, you will be working on exciting projects and will collaborate with your mates on every steps : discovery, shaping and delivery.
You will also join our Mobile community (~10 developers by platform), you will contribute to the architecture, the best practices and daily life of other devs (pair programming, PR review, etc).
What You will Do:
- Writing clean, concise code in Kotlin
- Working with other engineers through discussions, code review, guilds and pair programming
- Collaborating with designers, product managers, QA and other engineers to iterate on new features
- Ensure the quality of the app: writing unit and integrated tests, improving the application architecture
Who You Are:
- Passionate about software development.
- 3+ years of experience working on Android development especially using Kotlin
- Familiar with Clean Architecture / SOLID principles.
- Ability to think of the customer and the business in order to solve problems and get stuff done.
- You are enthusiastic, proactive, and stimulated by teamwork
- You are willing to engage in a long term, non-exclusive relationship with a codebase
- You are comfortable writing and speaking in English
- You are used to write Unit tests, integration tests.
- One way or another, you’re curious about food
It could be very nice if
- You are able to manage complexity in a small to mid-size project, and incur technical debt only after considering the tradeoffs.
- You are able to make independent decisions based on product requirements.
- You have experience using Jetpack Compose, GraphQL APIs, RxJava, or Dagger2
- You have experience in working with remote teams.
Our Technical Stack
About our Android App :
- Kotlin (90%), MVVM, Jetpack Compose
- RxJava, Dagger2, RetroFit, Apollo GraphQL
- Clean Architecture, Multi-Module architecture,
- Github Actions, Spek / Mockito / AssertJ
- App distribution / PlayStore (GMS) / Huawei Store (HMS)
- Compatibility up to Android 6 Marshmallow
- Crash Free : 99,8%
- 4,7 Stars on GooglePlay - More than 5M currently installed app.
On iOS :
- Swift (80%), MVVM, Redux Architecture
- Combine, Async/Await, PromiseKit, XCTest
- Our back-end technical stack relies mainly on NodeJS
- We use relational databases (PostgreSQL) & memcache
- We talk GraphQL, Rest & RabbitMQ
- We monitor applications through ELK, prometheus & grafana, new relic & sentry
- Kubernetes and AWS for orchestration and hosting,
- Micro-services oriented architecture
What We Offer You:
😄An awesome team (not everybody like our jokes, but we try our best)
🏠 A Permanent contract (that can be useful in life)
⚖️ Flexible working environment (2 days home office per week)
💸 Competitive fixed salary, bonus and equity (yes, equity!)
🍕Lunch vouchers available for each working day (because yes, we like to try our best restaurants)
🌎 International teams - More than 30 nationalities and 16 offices worldwide
🏳️🌈Highly inclusive working environment
🤸♀️ Lifestyle benefits that can be used to reimburse physical, leisure activities, family support, travel etc
🎓Continuous learning and development programs (with full access to LinkedIn Learning!)
😌 Free access to the Calm app
🏥Health insurance fully covered by the company
👩🦽 Life Insurance and Disability at no cost to the employee
💗 Welfare allowance school costs, elderly care, babysitting costs, transportation, travel leisure
🍴 Amazing offices with dining, coffee point on each floor, and leisure area
🎤 Team building events (we love karaoke. A lot. A lot.)
We believe that we are better together, and at TheFork we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At TheFork, we want you to bring us your unique perspective and experiences, so we can collectively keep disrupting the restaurant industry and go from good to great.