Field Application Specialist H/F
- Permanent contract
- Master's Degree
- > 3 years
- Health, Pharmaceutical / Biotech
- From 50 to 250 employees
Field Application Specialist H/F
- Permanent contract
Stilla Technologies is a European Life Science company based in Paris whose aim is to empower scientists with pioneering digital PCR solutions to build the future of genetic testing.
Since 2016, Stilla Technologies is providing research organizations specialized in molecular biology and genetic analysis with its Naica System, a ground-breaking digital PCR solution that enables scientists to detect and quantity DNA mutations with unrivalled precision. With the Naica, researchers can build a new generation of high-precision genetic testing in a wide range of applications such as liquid biopsy tests for cancer diagnostics, pre-natal testing or GMO detection.
After the completion of a Series B funding of 20 M€, the US subsidiary Stilla Technologies Inc. is looking to accelerate the sales of the Naica System in the Americas, develop a 3rd generation of its digital PCR solution, and launch clinical validations of diagnostics tests to be run on the system with an initial focus in the field of oncology, gene therapy, infectious diseases and general QC testing. Stilla launched a U.S. subsidiary in 2019 to enable direct commercial operations and customer support in the Americas. The new U.S. headquarters in Beverly, Massachusetts is run by Ruth Szebries and includes a demo lab and training center for American customers. Please read our latest PR at https://www.illuminaventures.com/spotlight-stilla-november-2019
Our multi-disciplinary team in microfluidics, mechanical engineering, biology and software shares a passion for building successful Life Science Products based on deep technological innovation. We are pursuing a huge potential market on which we have the potential become the new leader. Come and join us!
As Field Applications Scientist at Stilla, you will be assisting the Sales Rep in the pre-sale of the Naica system, performing client trainings, while providing experimental design support, data analysis, logistical, and troubleshooting support.
You are a key contact for Technical Support for responding to issues and maintaining relationships with customers. The primary goals of this position are to ensure rapid NAICA adoption and maximum customer success.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Actively participate in pre-sale with the Sales representatives (trade shows, seminars, demo prequalification and post demo review…)
- Act as the technical account manager as bridge between the customer and company and sales.
- Coordinate and perform customer site trainings and demonstrations.
- Identify, document and communicate customer complaints and concerns to management, Zendesk and devise resolutions.
- Contribute to white papers and technical SOP’s/technical with the goal of expanding support documentation.
- Scientifically partner with customers to develop application notes about their research with Naica while cultivating long term relationships.
- Manage expectations of “Sell What is Available Today” and position the Naica with the correct customer profile making the purchase a win-win.
- Gather and deliver strategic and competitive customer feedback and share with marketing and your team members.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose Naica issues with clients and find solutions relative to their technical skills, biochemistry and assay design, experimental plans, software and instrument.
- Interpret customer needs and identify the proper issue escalation pathway within Stilla.
- Support field sales team at trade shows, demos, seminars and technical symposia. This will include presentations and networking with thought leaders.
-Ability to maintain composure and professionalism in potentially stressful situations.
- Show self-driven initiatives to address gaps in a startup environment with mindset of “ask what you can do for Stilla rather than what Stilla can do for you”.
• Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; BA/BS with 3-5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Molecular Biology or Genetics considered.
• Lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics or genetics required.
• 2-3 years of hands-on experience with PCR, qPCR or dPCR workflows and data analysis software
• 2 years customer facing experience preferred in industry or core lab service setting.
• Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques; cell culture experience preferred.
• Broad knowledge of genomics technologies (PCR, qPCR, dPCR, NGS)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team towards corporate goals.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and systematic troubleshooting skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Outstanding presentation and training skills.
• Ability to maintain records for customer sites and provide high level feedback to management.
• Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
• Must be willing to travel up to 60%. Ability to manage a large territory.
• Valid work permit or US citizenship
Meet the Stilla Technologies team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn