Our mission? Making day-to-day banking easier for SMEs and freelancers thanks to an online business account that's combined with invoicing, bookkeeping and spend management tools. Thanks to its innovative product, highly reactive 24/7 customer support and clear pricing, Qonto has become the leader in its market.
Our journey: Founded by Alexandre and Steve in July 2017, Qonto has rapidly gained trust, serving over 400,000 customers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
- Customer focus | Prioritize customers in everything you do.
- Ownership | Own your part, get things done
- Teamwork | Make (team)work easy
- Mastery | Continuously raise the bar.
- Integrity | Always do what’s right, and respect people.
Our beliefs: At Qonto, we're committed to fostering a welcoming environment where everyone can thrive. We prioritize evaluating applicants based solely on skills and potential, ensuring diversity with 49% international team members, 44% women, and 20% parents. Join us in building a workplace that celebrates diversity and individuality.
Our career track: At Qonto, we value your unique skills, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that celebrate your impact, without conventional labels like 'senior' or 'director'.
⭐ Mission: As Site Reliability Engineer, you will join the Storage team and be responsible for building and maintaining the underlying data storage systems. The primary mission is to provide efficient storage systems with consistent response time at any scale.
You will join the SRE department of 16 talented people who will contribute to building and deploying a new banking architecture at the European level.
⚡ Impact: Qonto is in a crucial growth phase, with plans to expand from 400K to +1 million customers, handling more than 9 million transactions monthly and even more each month.
The complexity tends to grow with multiple factors: number of customers, number of features & history.
You will be involved in these critical aspects of growth to ensure services are still reliable and strive to push the boundary of what is possible with the team to allow even better performance for our customers.
👩💻🧑💻 As a Site Reliability Engineer at Qonto, you will
• Design, build, and maintain efficient storage systems (PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch, S3, etc.)
• Monitor and troubleshoot system issues on apps/end users using data storage system, ensuring optimal performance and uptime
• Develop and maintain automation tools for system configuration, deployment, and monitoring
• Collaborate with other teams (Backend engineers, SRE, Security) to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
• Continuously evaluate and improve system performance, reliability, and scalability
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies related to storage systems
🛠 What stack you can expect
• Cloud services: AWS, EKS
• Container technology: Kubernetes, Docker
• CI/CD: GitLab CI & ArgoCD
• Monitoring: Prometheus with Thanos & Grafana, NewRelic, Sentry, OpsGenie
• DB and messaging: AWS RDS PostgreSQL, SQS, Redis, and Kafka
• Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
🧠 What you can expect
• Shared responsibility model with other teams
• Autonomy in proposing solutions in a bottom-up approach while avoiding biased thinking using the Qonto way (lean methodologies)
• Help & support from the rest of the team and frequent brainstorming sessions during the design phases
🤝 Your future manager
Victor, Lead SRE, will work with you every day and help you learn & grow at Qonto.
• Their Background? After graduating from EPITA as a computer engineer specializing in web technologies, he worked as lead DevOps in a French startup offering full homemade e-commerce & insurance solutions for various companies including Leclerc, Midas, Carrefour, and Total Energies & many others. After seeing dozen of different company structures & DevOps strategies, he joined Qonto in 2020 in the SRE Platform Reliability team to support Qonto growth.
• What do they bring to the team? By having a healthy and open work environment, Victor promotes continuous improvements & team ambition in order to make the platform as reliable as possible. By raising the bar of quality, each member of the team is able to promote his own ideas and develop new skills in order to match the objectives. Victor orients & supports each member while ensuring that they work in a good work atmosphere by having the time to ensure quality & work with other teams.
• Experience focusing on storage systems. You deeply understand storage systems, their architecture, and their trade-offs. Proficiency in at least one programming language (i.e: Go, Python).
• Mastery: Strong understanding of storage technologies, including file systems, block storage, and object storage. Plus, you have strong knowledge and experience with PostgreSQL/MySQL and Kafka/RabbitMQ.
• Autonomy: You can organize your work and communicate effectively within a full-remote team. You proactively seek the necessary information and know when to ask for help.
• Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer, with an interest in solving problems and delivering value.
• Team player: You have great communication skills. You can interact confidently with our highly skilled, multicultural Tech team of 400 engineers spanning backend, data, and security engineers.
• Languages: Fluent in English
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn't just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we've been searching for all along.
A tailor-made and dynamic career track. An inclusive work environment. And so much more to help you succeed.
- Offices in every country to welcome you anytime you want (France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Serbia);
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for;
- Competitive salary package;
- A meal voucher;
- Public transportation reimbursement (part or global);
- A great health insurance (depending on the country);
- Employee well-being initiatives: access to Moka Care to take care of your mental health and great offers for sports and wellness activities;
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners;
- Monthly team events.
💪 Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours 🤞
To learn more about us:
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.
These companies are also recruiting for the position of “DevOps”.