Year of Founding2020
Average Age32 years old
“Pennylane is becoming the key financial management platform for SMEs in Europe.We are thrilled to partner with their exceptional team to ensure businesses of any size can have a single, up-to-date source for their financial data and improve how they collaborate with their accountants” ”
Luciana Lixandru, Partner at Sequoia
Pennylane's mission is to enable business owners to make the right financial decisions and accountants to focus on their advisory role.
What does it mean? Pennylane provides a platform that allows business owners and their accountants to collaborate efficiently and grow their businesses.
With Pennylane, executives make better decisions and simplify their financial management. Without leaving the platform, they can access all of their reliable, up-to-date, actionable data; pay for purchases; and manage their invoicing. Accountants can focus on their advisory role by saving time on data entry and retrieval of documents, thanks to Pennylane's numerous automations.
Launched in 2020, Pennylane team has already achieved great things : 🚀💚
- Thousands of SMEs
- Recognized as one of the hottest startup in Paris in 2021 The Wired.
- €84 millions raised so far though Partech, Sequoia investors, Global - Founders Capital and Kima Ventures
- Hundreds of French accounting firms use Pennylane every day
- And 220+ Pennylaners from 15 different countries building the best platform for european SMEs and their accountants
Our Values :
SUPPORTING SMES : We solve real issues for real people and never lose touch with the reality of our users
COMMUNITY OF BUILDERS : We focus on impact and take pride in being a hands-on team.
RADICAL TRUST : At Pennylane, trust is not earned, it’s given.
At Pennylane, there is no typical profile, but a happy mix of personalities who have in common:
The strong ambition to build a product that will help SME to manage their finances
The desire to work with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities, in an environment where decisions are taken as close to the field as possible
The desire to join one of the best Fintech teams in Europe, with recognized experts in their fields
In addition to the mission and the team, there are other good reasons to join Pennylane:
- For the integration : Our onboarding week lasts 5 days and takes place in our Parisian office. 🤗
- For well-being: We have a sports partnership that opens privileged access to the best gyms in France and have a Pennylane running club. Our employees are covered by the Alan mutual insurance company - forfait blue. 💙
- For events: We organize a monthly welcome party with newcomers, and Pennylane Talks with speakers. In addition, the whole Tech team meets every quarter in our Parisian office. 🎙
- For the atmosphere: we organize a 3-day seminar with all employees once a year and each department has a dedicated budget to organize a team-building day per quarter. 🎉
- For flexibility: We are a "remote-first" company, so it is possible to work anywhere in your home country. 👩🏻💻
- For our premises : Our premises are located at We Work in the 9th arrondissement, with a great rooftop and the best facilities are offered to you. 🏢
Questions and answers on Pennylane