- Starting date:
- Possible full remote
- Mobile Apps
- Less than 15 employees
- Possible full remote
Freelance - At least 2 days/week
Who are we? 🚀
mojo is an app to create animated social stories with a professional look.
Users can choose from hundreds of templates and modify them to their needs.
The app was launched in late 2018. Users and revenues have grown strongly since. Mojo is now the #1 app to create animated content for Instagram stories. Recently, the app reached 10M installs and passed the $1M mark in monthly gross revenue.
In 2018, the company went through the Y Combinator accelerator program.
The ambition for mojo is to become the leading app for short video creation on mobile.
Your core missions as Graphic Designer at mojo will be to:
- own and execute the graphic design for the visual content elements of the mojo app
- be responsible for visual quality regarding the graphic elements offered in the app
- do creative intelligence and research new artistic directions for visual content
- design high-quality best-in-the-art visual templates and graphic elements for mojo
- translate marketing and editorial directions into designs that are ready-to-code for our team of creative developers
- come up with new graphic design trends and translate them into user-facing content
You will be reporting to the CEO in the beginning and then to a Creative Lead or Head of Creative Content.
Though we are seeking a permanent and full-time teammate on this position, we are also open to part-time and freelancers applications, as long as you are willing to dedicate at least 2 days/week to mojo.
- top of the art graphic design skills
- great visual sense and creativity - you have the ability to translate abstract concepts into highly engaging visuals
- ability to take into account a wide set of visual, editorial, and user experience constraints
- strong portfolio of graphic design realisations (including web or mobile content)
- proficiency with design tools, including proficiency with Figma or willing to learn
- ability to work with non-designers: engineers, editorialists, marketing operators
- collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal communication skills
- product design and / or motion design skills are a nice to have
- experience working for an online content company, a consumer online product, or a scale-up startup a plus
We also care deeply about human skills 👫
- Autonomy - You will be the lead on graphic design for mojo team
- Growth mindset - always be willing to learn and improve. Ability to focus efforts on designs that perform with our users.
- Transparency - be comfortable with total transparency
- Teamplay - being humble, relaxed and enjoy an environment where people are bad at making good jokes :)
Work environment & culture 💎
We’re a small team of 9 people. Half of us are working remotely. Our communication is mostly written.
We are focused on maximizing the impact of each member of the team. So, we try to keep it small and maintain a very relaxed and friendly work style ✌️.
Cultural fit is also extremely important to us, we even put it above raw technical skills. We think a great company is above all a highly functioning group of people that get along well together :)
Our main office is located at the center of Paris (near Rambuteau metro station).
[400 EUR - 600 EUR / day] | depending on technical and human skills
Hiring process ⚙️
- Screening call - 30min, remote
- In-depth interview with the founders - 2h, remote or in-person
- Technical test - remote
- Ref checks
- Meet the team meetings - expect half a day for this, remote or in-person
Meet the mojo team
- Add to favorites
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on LinkedIn