Senior Software Engineer - Squad Room (Back-end)
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Join the Future of Video Engagement
We are looking for great talents to join our fast growing team
Founded in 2016, Livestorm allows companies to organize powerful online meetings, webinars and virtual events from end-to-end. Our web-browser platform provides teams with all the workflows around video engagement to promote, host and analyze online events.
Livestorm is built with ease of use in mind. We serve companies of all sizes, from startups to Fortune 500s. Brand like Shopify, Honda, Spendesk, Front and Revolut trust Livestorm for premium video engagement during their online events.
Here are our core values:
- Stay curious: Be interested in the world around you.
- Remain humble: Keep learning and keep your ego in check.
- Be resourceful: Go that extra mile in the most efficient way.
- Own it: Take pride in what you do, own your wins, and fails.
- Be transparent: Sharing knowledge, feedback, and mistales.
Livestorm finally makes it possible to bring people together virtually worldwide as if they were in the same room.
Every business trip that is no longer necessary thanks to Livestorm contributes to making the world a little more sustainable
Diversity and inclusion:
At Livestorm, we believe that diversity’s got talent! We are committed to building an inclusive company culture in which a diverse mix of talented people will feel proud to join and engage.
Our goal is to ensure that every Stormie feels valued and has the opportunity to thrive.
All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The coworking space is covered up to €300 or $350 including VAT per month
Take care of yourself with Moka.care
Learning & Development program:
You have access to learning classes on Udemy for Business.
You have a budget of €750 or $850 per year for learning & development that can be used for training, conferences, books…
After the validation of your first 6 months, you can benefit from €1,000 or $1,200 to equip yourself for remote work
For French contracts
Health insurance with Alan (covered at 50%):
- Koala formula, possibility of additional options.
- Can cover your family (spouse, children) at 50% too.
- Foresight is also with Alan.
CSE with cultural & sports activities via Leeto.
Sustainable mobility package for daily trips to go to work:
- You can benefit from €500 per year if you go to the office or a coworking space.
- Please note that it’s for the use of a personal bicycle or shared mobility services.
For the rest of the world
Having an EOR contract means you have a local employer and that you contribute to your local unemployment & retirement funds.
You benefit from all the legal and mandatory rules and benefits from your work contract country.
You benefit from at least 25 PTO a year.
You benefit from the bank holidays from your work contract country (depending on your region or even city).
Rencontrez Elif, Head of Customer Experience
As Livestorm is growing rapidly, our team is aiming to develop the virtual event context. Our responsibilities range from audio/video streams, events access & moderation, plugin integration, chat, questions, and poll maintenance.
Therefore, we are looking for a talented senior back-end engineer that can be a partner in helping us scale up our room scope and make sure Livestorm handles live events without issue.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Design, build and maintain features in production
- Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to team members
- Share knowledge with everyone and help your team grow
- Have the freedom to experiment
- Contributing to architectural and design decisions
- Monitoring the production to try to prevent any issue that could impact our customer experience
- Ruby 3.1, Rails 7
- NodeJS 12.20.1, Apollo Server
- Golang 1.19
- PostgreSQL 14
- Services communication:
- Frontend: Vue.js
More on Stackshare 👉 https://stackshare.io/livestorm
For this senior back-end engineer role, we are looking for someone with the following experience:
- Strong experience with Ruby
- Curiosity/experience with Golang
- Experience with micro-service architecture
- Experience with relational databases in load intensive context
- Rigorous testing and code quality (TDD, acceptance tests, unit tests)
- You're a team player and you have a sense of ownership
- You're fluent in English
- You have experience with gRPC and/or Kafka
- You have experience with Kubernetes
- You know how to implement event-based communication between micro-services
- You care about reliability, scalability, and maintainability
- You have already worked in an agile environment and you loved it
- You are curious about new languages and aren't afraid of using new patterns and structures