This position was filled!
Who are they?
GitGuardian is a global post-series B cybersecurity startup; we’ve raised $44M by the end of 2021 with American and European investors including top-tier VC firms.
More than ever in 2023, we have a very solid business model with a fast-growing ARR, multi-year contracts and great customer retention rates.
Among our early investors who saw our market value proposition, are the co-founder of GitHub, Scott Chacon, along with Docker co-founder / CTO Solomon Hykes 👀
We develop code security solutions for the DevOps generation and are a leader in the market of secrets detection & remediation.
Our solutions are already used by hundreds of thousands of developers in all industries and GitGuardian Internal monitoring is the n°1 security app on the GitHub marketplace 🔥
We work with some of the largest IT outsourcing companies, publicly listed companies like Talend or tech companies like Datadog.
More than 85% of our customers are in the United States.
- Our products are a set of tools that scan GitHub public activity and git private repositories.
- They are used by different teams: Software Development and Ops teams, Application Security, Threat Response and the buying decision comes from CISOs / CTOs / Directors of Security.
- That’s why developing our software is a key responsibility within our organization, your work will matter and will be taken seriously !
The existing team
- You will be in charge of a team of 5 people with different specialties (DB, Kubernetes, Self-Hosted …) and you will report to the Engineering Manager of the Platform tribe.
- At GitGuardian, the SRE team is responsible for providing the most efficient, scalable and reliable platform to host our code security solutions in the respect of our security requirements and SLAs,on the SaaS version.
- In collaboration with the dedicated Entreprise Squad and the Solutions Engineering team, the team is also in charge of providing expert support and guidance to clients who self-host GitGuardian applications, helping ensure seamless installation and usage of the products. This includes infrastructure/cloud architecture, database engineering, observability systems, CI/CD.
- Build technical decisions and strategy for the future of the platform, define OKRs and ensure agile/scrum organization (manage sprints and rituals), adapted to the specificities of a SRE team.
- Manage people and mentor them as needed to ensure their progression
- Participate in designing and writing Infra as code to deliver systems to improve the availability, scalability, latency and efficiency of GitGuardian’s services
- Manage and participate to oncall rotation
To ensure the success of your missions, you will have to lead by example, mentor the team and establish credibility through quality technical execution.
You will need to activate and monitor cross-teams collaboration, and be identified as a reliable contact for the SRE perimeter toward the organization.
Your capacity to prioritize tasks and projects will ensure the best balance between business priorities, platform urgencies, technical debt tackling, long-term projects, R&D projects.
In a fast-growing environment such as GitGuardian, you will be able to scale the team and propose organizational improvements along the way, to always ensure engineering efficiency and best possible impact of the team.
Your blameless and postmortem culture will be an important key to technical improvements and a serene working team.
The strong engineering culture of the company will provide you with interesting challenges.
Combined with the HR program to accompany managers, and a supportive management, you will be given necessary means for impact, success and progress in your position.
Our technical stack:
Cloud provider: AWS and OVH
Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible
CI/CD, Deployment: Gitlab, ArgoCD
Orchestration: managed Kubernetes (EKS)
DB: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MongoDB
Observability: Datadog, Grafana, PagerDuty
Secrets management : Vault
Log and error management: Elastic Stack, Sentry
Backend: Python + Django, Go
Frontend: React / Typescript
Message brokers: RabbitMQ, Redis
Why should you join us?
🌴 A remote-friendly environment up to 3 days / week
💸 An attractive package that includes stock-options
🏄 A yearly holiday allowance
💻 A home office allowance to improve your set-up at home, and the latest technology equipment
💰 A referral bonus of 4k€ for any new Guardians we might hire thanks to you
👊 Working on a meaningful product, we already helped more than 200k developers!
🍺 Lots of team-building activities including 1 per month for the whole company
🚀 Many opportunities for career development in the long term
📈 A strong engineering culture, see this page to discover our R&D projects
🐕 Pet-friendly offices, every Guardian gets to bring their dogs
👫 Trust & autonomy on your perimeter with a very transparent internal communication
If you think you are only matching 70% to 80% of these criterias, please send us your resume !And if you still have some questions before applying, you can directly write to us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Degree in engineering/computer science
- 2 years minimum experience in a similar management position
- Embrace a DevOps philosophy through Observability, Automation, Data durability, with a strong security appetite!
- Deep knowledge of AWS (or another Cloud Provider), Terraform, Kubernetes ecosystem
- Solid knowledge of *nix systems
- Experience in web applications/SaaS and their SDLC,
- Comfortable with agile project management and OKRs.
- You don’t embed API keys in your code ;)
- Deep understanding of the startups dynamics and challenges
- Have experienced strong team growth in a previous company
1 Visio call with a recruiter
To discover your professional project and evaluate if there could be a mutual match
1 Interview with the Platform Engineering Manager Guillaume
To know more about yourself, present to you the team : missions, rituals, seniority level, and making sure you would be able to succeed in the following steps of the recruitment process
1 Technical team interview (2 SRE)
To evaluate your skills for the position and project yourself into the role
1 Final interview with the CEO and co-founder
To explain to you our company’s vision and ambitions to the next couple of years, and make sure you are up for the position