Senior Linux Engineer
Who are they?
Eaton is a power management company made up of over 96,000 employees, doing business in more than 175 countries.with many sites and manufacturing plants in Europe. In 2009 Eaton decided to extend its R&D capability by building a new innovation center in Europe. It was decided to locate this center in the Czech Republic to make it possible for Eaton to be close to its customers across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Our Roztoky Eaton European Innovation Center was established in 2012 and is one of five global innovation centers around the world. It is a young, very lively facility, focused primarily on innovation in the area of electrical, automotive, hydraulic, software and aerospace applications. . Our goal is to develop and implement new solutions in the field of industrial automation, vehicle propulsion systems, power distribution, hydraulics and uninterruptible IT power supplies. We also focus increasingly on the electrification of mechanically and hydraulically operated systems.
Mirko Guaschino, Senior Engineer and Project Manager
Eaton is looking for an experienced Senior Linux Engineer to develop and maintain firmware solutions for industrial automation, creates technical documentation, performs tests and evaluations. The person will be responsible for contributing in product development, responsible for FW quality. The position is located at Eaton European Innovation Center in Prague (EEIC), Czech Republic. In this role the person will be responsible for keeping abreast of new and emerging technologies and materials, providing leadership, consultations and mentoring to the junior members of team.
Your main responsibilities:
- Participates on FW development within international project team.
- Develops and maintains the Board Support Package for product hardware during the development and life cycle.
- Develops and maintains Linux kernel adaptions during product development and life cycle.
- Updates BSP and Linux components with respect to cyber-security findings.
- Evaluates firmware real-time correctness after changes.
- Conducts work status reporting and task tracking.
Your essential skills we are looking for:
- Qualification in software or electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, using cross-disciplinary design
- Solid embedded C programming knowledge and 5+ years of experience
- Linux kernel and driver development knowledge
- BSP (u-boot, device tree) development experience
- Fluent in oral and written English
Interested in this job?
Other Other jobs
These job openings might interest you!