Head of Accounting
- Permanent contract
- Media, Music, Digital
- From 250 to 2000 employees
Head of Accounting
- Permanent contract
This position was filled!
Who are they?
They are music and tech fans hailing from all over the globe, working to make Deezer the most personal music streaming service.
From data scientists to tech experts, artists & labels specialists to marketers, and even in-house music editors, their team is spreading the love for music to over 180 countries.
Supporting local and international artists and bringing them closer to their fans is their mission - they believe music is about diversity, multiculturalism and togetherness.
Ready to join the team? They’re all ears.
Reporting to the Group Accounting Director, you are responsible for the accounts and the financial information of Deezer SA, which is both the holding company and the main operating entity of the Group. You manage a team of up to 10 persons. The role includes the following responsibilities.
What you will do:
- Management of teams/persons in charge of Accounts Payable, B2B Accounts Receivables, Intangible and tangible assets, Travels expenses and Payment cards
- Quarterly objectives and performance reviews
- Regular training and assistance in relation to accounting matters and dedicated IT tools
2. Leading the monthly, quarterly and annual closing process
- Update of the closing calendar in coordination with the FP&A team, the Consolidation Manager and management
- Anticipation of accounting matters and decisions
- Closing deadline compliance
- Team work review (computations, accounting entries, account matching and reconciliation)
- External audit: organisation and logistics, deadline compliance, regular status with auditors, review of summary memos and slides prepared by the auditors
3. Deezer SA’s accounts and financial information
- Intercompany: computation and booking of recharges and interest on current accounts, and update of provision for depreciation of receivables
- Computation and booking of unrealised foreign exchange gains and losses
- Booking of entries relating to specific operations
- Preparation and filing of tax returns such as VAT and withholding tax on music rights
- French and foreign countries’ VAT reconciliation
- Monthly review of the trial balance, the balance sheet and the profit & loss statement
- Preparation of annual financial statements and the corporate income tax return
- Coordination with the chartered accountant on some topics
4. Other responsibilities
- Involvement in projects and process enhancement
- Accounting and tax monitoring
- Contribution to strengthen internal control (procedure writing and implementation)
Life @ Deezer HQ:
- Flexible working policy with up to 10 days/month remote work
- Home of music : deezer premium family subscription offered, opportunity to attend private artists sessions, amazing deezer parties for employees
- English or French language courses open to all
- Gymlib partnership + gym room and yoga/pilates classes on site
- Headquarters in the heart of Paris, at home vibe and rooftop with amazing city views
- Cafeteria stocked with free drinks and snacks daily and weekly casual drinks
- Hackathons & meetups
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- You have a degree such as DSCG or Master in Accounting/Management, and you have a proven and minimum 10-year experience in an international and ideally listed group
- You have already used Sage FRP 1000 or an equivalent ERP in an international environment with several entities
- You have a proven experience in managing a team
- You work autonomously, in a highly rigourous manner, and you are a source of proposals and a team manager;
- You are organised and you can manage priorities and deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills in both French and English
- You like challenges and you have analysis skills, which will allow you to work on a large scope and with other teams
- You can work in a fast moving and challenging environment
Interested in this offer?
- Add to favorites
- Share on LinkedIn
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter