- SaaS / Cloud Services
- > 2000 employees
Senior Software Engineer - Application Performance Monitoring
- Permanent contract
- Education: Not specified
- Experience: Not specified
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Datadog (NYSE: DDOG) is a world-class SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries.
We bring together end-to-end traces, metrics, and logs to make applications, infrastructure, and third-party services entirely observable. These capabilities help businesses secure their systems, avoid downtime, and ensure customers are getting the best user experience.
Datadog's APM team is building a world-class tracing product that helps developers see inside complex distributed systems. We're building rock solid libraries to trace requests as they flow across servers, databases, caches and microservices in all the major languages. We're investing heavily in systems to process a massive firehose of data - fast data pipelines, scalable storage systems and a slick UI to tie it all together. We are a very distributed team; we have teams in New York and Paris and remote folks scattered around the world. Come and join a team that cares about building software the right way.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships that it builds, the creativity it brings to the table, and the collaboration of being together. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our employees can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Build fault-tolerant, horizontally scalable solutions running in multi-tenant environments
- Write in Go, Java Rust or C++, amongst other languages
- Use Kafka, Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and other open-source components
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
Who You Are:
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have significant backend programming experience in one or more languages (Go, Java, Rust, C++)
- You have been exposed to working on problems (high durability / low latency /…)
- You can get down to the low-level when needed
- You care about simple designs and performance
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That's okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our Internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.