This position was filled!
Who are they?
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel app enabling 26 million active members a year to share a ride in 21 countries. Its technology matches drivers with empty seats with passengers heading the same way, so they can share the cost of the trip. With the mission to be the go-to marketplace for shared travel, BlaBlaCar combines carpooling with bus journeys from over 4000 operators to offer a wide choice of affordable and sustainable travel solutions, all in one app.
In 2022, BlaBlaCar’s trusted community connected 2 million meeting points worldwide and enabled 90 million human encounters. Carpool drivers saved 450 million euros, and all BlaBlaCar’s mobility services contributed to avoiding 1.5 million tonnes of CO2 emissions.
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
We are looking for a Confirmed iOS engineer to join our Publish Squad and help us build the BlaBlaCar iOS app. You will work on technical challenges and product feature developments from early-stage conception, to development, testing strategy, deployment in the App Store and monitoring of new releases.
Within our Publish Squad, you would be part of a Multi-Stack team which today consists in 6 Frontend Engineers, 2 Backend Engineers, 1 Product Manager, 1 UX Designer, 1 Quality Engineer and 1 Engineering Manager.
The squad is responsible for enabling and guiding drivers to create and manage their rides and passengers with the best experience. Our team is composed of experienced people who have worked on Frontend and Backend platforms for several years.
Joining our Publish squad, you'll work closely with another iOS Engineer and will also have the opportunity to contribute to our backend developments (taking part in our multi-stack ambition).
Your main responsibilities will be to:
• Design, architect and develop features for the BlaBlaCar applications
• Collaborate with non-technical stakeholders to help shape the features that you will ship
• Be responsible for the quality of the application, and contribute to improving it
• Share your knowledge in the team: provide documentation on your work, enforce good practices and processes, communicate on changes
Alongside your team, you would also join our iOS Chapter, an internal community of 10 iOS Engineers who meet regularly to share, learn and innovate.
• You have solid experience building iOS apps in Swift with a strong engineering culture
• You have strong knowledge regarding architecture and design pattern such as MVVM, Coordinator and modularization
• You are familiar with RESTful API, unit tests with XCTest framework, ideally RxSwift or any other reactive programming framework (e.g: Combine)
• You are able to find the good balance between fast iterations and quality of delivery
• You have excellent communication skills, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
• You embrace change, are able to take a step back, and focus on added-value tasks
• You have a results-driven and product-oriented mindset
• You are in English
• Nice to have: if you have general knowledge of Backend frameworks (like Spring or Spring Boot), experience building API contracts and/or general knowledge of Android development, it would be a plus!
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth and well-being at work:
• Full remote possible in the country of the role
• 1 additional month parental leave 100% paid
• Financial support for home office equipment
• Relocation package and visa support
• Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
• Employee Stock Ownership plan
• Minimum 25 days holiday per year
• Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
• 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
• Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride?
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like:
• a 45-min video-call with our Talent Acquisition Manager, Benjamin Rémy, to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
• a 45-min video-call with your future manager, Cyril Cadoret, to get to know you and present you the team
• a home assignment to evaluate your technical skills followed by a 90-min video-call with an iOS Engineer and our Chapter Lead
• a 30-min video-call with Víctor Méndez, VP Engineer, to assess your growth mindset
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.