- Collaborative Economy, Mobile Apps, Mobility
- Paris, Izhevsk, Kiev, Madrid, Moscow, São Paulo, Warsaw
- View website
Year of Founding2006
Average Age32 years old
@gauravchem44 Hello Gaurav, We've just replied to your request. Check your DMs. Best,
Learn more about BlaBlaCar
The Dos and Don’ts for Success as a CTO
We met up with Francis Nappez, CTO and co-founder of BlaBlaCar, to get the inside scoop on his profession.
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading long-distance carpooling platform – a global, trusted community of 100 million members in 22 countries. BlaBlaCar is creating an entirely new, people-powered, travel network that connects people looking to travel long distances with drivers heading the same way, so they can travel together and share the cost. With the recent integration of a coach bus network, and a commuter service for short-distance carpooling, BlaBlaCar aims to become the go-to marketplace for shared mobility.
With a dedicated member relations service, a state of the art web and mobile platform, novel insurance solutions and a fast-growing community, BlaBlaCar is making travel social, cost-effective and practical for millions of members. BlaBlaCar is continuously innovating, developing smart-stop and smart-pricing algorithms that dynamically unlock millions of possible local meeting points and, in effect, turn every highway into a major transport line while also allowing for more granular point-to-point service in less accessible areas. By doubling the number of people in cars (from 1,9 to 3,9 people), BlaBlaCar saved 1.6 million tonnes of CO2 in 2018 (the equivalent of traffic in Paris for a year).
Good to know
As a BlaBlaEmployee, you will:
- start discovering our story and vision and get a warm welcome during your Onboarding Days,
- get an overview of ongoing projects during our team-all BlaBlaTalk
- have fun at our weekly afterwork or breakfast,
- innovate outside of the roadmap during one of our Coding Nights,
- work out at the Gym in our centrally-located Paris Office,
- attend top-notch Tech conferences in France or abroad,
- enjoy our yearly BlaBlaBreak which takes us all to a memorable 3-days of fun&serious activities
- travel to one of our offices abroad during your annual BlaBlaSwap
- carpool for free in exchange for recommendations on improving the service and many many more opportunities to be fun&serious together!
What they are looking for
The team is looking for agile software engineers, database reliability engineers, data scientists, mobile engineers, functional analysts, as well as community relations agents, product managers, marketing experts, design lovers and sales/account managers. BlaBlaCar is looking for people who dream, people who deliver, and people who love to learn and grow into their role. We are looking for genuine team players, who are truly committed to changing the future of mobility.
Last but not least, BlaBlaCar welcomes talented individuals who share its 6 team principles:
- “Be The Member.”
- “Dream. Decide. Deliver.”
- “Share More. Learn More.”
- “Fail. Learn. Succeed.”
- “Be Lean. Go Far.”
Questions and answers on BlaBlaCar