- Collaborative Economy, E-commerce, Environment / Sustainable Development
- Paris, Barcelone, Berlin, Bordeaux, Hong Kong, London, New York, Prague, Tokyo
- View website
Dawn, Senior VP of Engineering
"In the coming months and years, we have the great challenges having to scale our teams as well as our technology. We’ve built everything for a certain footprint, and it’s now time to extend that, make it global, and really reach the marketplaces all around the world."
Camille, Head of Sustainability
"Since the beginning of 2022, every employee has contributed individually to avoid almost 500 tons of CO2, and it’s a very powerful reason to go to work every morning."
Torrin, Head of Business Development
"Back Market is a really unique place to work, and that’s why I love it. For me, it’s really important to have a company with a strong mission, to have a steep learning curve, and to build strong personal relationships with your colleagues."
Laurène, Head of Risk Payments & Fraud
"I recently came back from maternity leave, and was really impressed by the support of the HR team: one-to-one with our People Partner, workshops to prepare the upcoming maternity leave, and the return. Not only for me, but also for my manager. And a few days after my return, I was offered a new mission, which was a booster for self confidence."
Thibaud, Co-Founder & CEO
"Back Market's biggest challenge is also its biggest opportunity: to become the world leader in the distribution of refurbished products."
Vianney, Co-founder & Chief Creative Officer
"We are working to evolve the brand, structure its speech and key messages, tone of voice, and visual identity, while staying true to the DNA, and scale all of this internationally, which is exciting and stimulating."
Albane, Chief People Officer
"One of the things that made me decide to come to Back Market was the people. We are a very warm, authentic, unconventional tribe, and with this strong value of SABOTAGE! which means that as soon as we walk through the door, you know you are at Back Market."
Théotime, Lead devops
"Among the big advantages of working at Back Market is the daily intellectual challenge, particularly in technical positions. Business evolves so quickly, the challenges available are exponential."
Launched in November 2014 by Thibaud Hug de Larauze, Quentin Le Brouster, and Vianney Vaute, Back Market is the world’s leading dedicated renewed tech marketplace.
We bring high-quality, professionally refurbished, electronic devices and appliances to customers in 16 countries. With 884M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products. ☠️
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a leading global tech company are three solid reasons to wake up every morning. Taking part in Back Market’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, Barcelona, New York, London, Prague and Berlin).
Come join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
What they are looking for
What are we looking for? People who are kind, conscientious, have a great sense of humour, and a lot of zeal.
Are you ready to find out why our corporate values lead with SABOTAGE 😉!?
Good to know
- Connect and learn from our founders and your peers with the Monday brief (weekly)/the Somehands (monthly)/the All hands (annually)
- The flexibility to work remotely up to 3 days a week (or full remote for Tech teams)
- Join one of our affinity groups to help ensure inclusivity is at the foundation of everything we do
- Stay active at the office with yoga, cardio, basketball, ping-pong 🏓, WednesDIY (pottery, embroidery…) and Watcheat 🎞🍔 (every month we enjoy one meal and a movie together).
- Your work will help educate and persuade consumers to give a second life to electronics instead of buying new ones, by ensuring there is no more factual reason to buy new!
- Join the Back Market team in their fight against planned obsolescence. From 3 founders 8 years ago to now, we have grown to be more than 700 people across many different offices, and serve 13 different countries. Boom💥
- 12 days of "RTT" per year for everyone
- Parental Act : a full paid one month parental leave for the second parent