Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 650 people, powering operations in 21 countries (and counting!).
Named one of the World's Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact. We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.
Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
Engineering Manager - Payout & Refund Fraud squad
Back Market is looking for an Engineering Manager who will lead the Payout & Refund Fraud squad (4+ engineers) within our Money Journey Tribe – a suite of products built in Python that handles the payments and financial part of the Back Market platform.
The Payout & Refund Fraud squad is working on creating a resilient and flexible payout system to provide the best experience to our sellers and customers. The team is also building a new anti-fraud system to protect the company from post-payment frauds like refund abuses.
The core competencies of this role include mentoring and coaching people, cultivating a collaborative team, leading delivery, production operations, and continuous improvement. As in Back Market we lead by example, we expect the role to also be hands-on, so personal contribution is expected.
To know more about our Bureau of Technology (BoT), composed today of about 300 people, you can consult:
A video of our Senior VP of engineering: https://urlz.fr/kyX6
Our company purpose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1z5CafhGbM
Our engineering blog: https://urlz.fr/kyX8
What you'll be doing :
You are in the right place if :
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
- A meaningful job: you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- A meaningful company: we became a mission-driven company in January 2022.
- Be part of a worldwide growing company based in Europe, the USA and Asia to face great challenges : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Work alongside passionate experts: who will share their knowledge and help you develop and grow in your career.
- Grow your career: with a flexible career path and a dedicated Learning & Development team. Back Market will help you evolve with personalized internal trainings and external handpicked providers from day 1!
- Leadership Academy by Back Market:“be a coach not a dictator” is at the core of this program ! We train and enable all our leaders to support their team towards achieving goals. Be a manager at Back Market is an unique experience we take by heart.
- An attractive salary, equity and a host of benefits including : Lunch voucher, health insurance, relocation package, paid time off for activism in your community, parental benefits, flexible hours, etc…
- One Loving Tribe: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
- Be part of one of our Employee Resource Groups createdaround shared identities, common backgrounds and/or special interests crafted to be a safe space and an expressive outlet.
- Several internal events: The Monday Brief (weekly)/ The Somehands (monthly)/ The All Hands (annual).
- We’re here to SABOTAGE: It’s our mantra. It keeps us focused on what we aspire to be: a little bit sneaky, always smart, kinda frugal and constantly conspiring to create maximum impact.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer which means we pledge to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.. If reasonable accommodations are needed for the interview process, please do not hesitate to discuss this with the Talent Acquisition Team.
Back Market is helping to address one of the biggest challenges of our time: climate change. We take this so seriously that we were awarded status as a “Société à Mission”, or company with a social mission, by the French government. We know we can’t tackle a global problem without a globally representative team so we are committed to embedding diversity, equity and inclusion principles in every aspect of our organization. But more importantly, being One Loving & Free Spirited Tribe is in our DNA as it is one of the five foundational values of our company since we got started way back in 2014. We are committed to hiring and supporting diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We know our lofty goals cannot be reached unless everyone has a seat at the table along with the resources and opportunity to grow.
These companies are also recruiting for the position of “Back-end Development”.See all job openings