- Environment / Sustainable Development, Collaborative Economy, E-commerce
- From 250 to 2000 employees
Business Developer - Spain H/F
- Permanent contract
- Starting date:
- Education: Master's Degree
- Experience: > 1 year
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Founded in November 2014, Back Market is the very first marketplace specialized in refurbished electric and electronic devices. We connect certified professionals who work hard to ensure all electric and electronic devices get a second life with consumers looking for equipment that makes a difference.
E-waste reduction, planned obsolescence battle and circular economy are 3 good reasons to wake up in the morning; we’re offering a fantastic career opportunity for a Business Developer to join our European team (based in Paris). So, if you’ve got a way with sales, account management, an interest in environmentally-friendly initiatives and a genuine desire to build a first-class global marketplace, we’d love to hear from you.
We have a challenging schedule and high business expectations, so you’ll need to be able to get up to speed without compromising on attention to detail. For the right person, this is a chance to gain valuable experience in building a star and to join a fast-growing and life-changing company that’s shaking up the consumer electronics business.
As a key member of the Business Development team, you’ll help develop and scale Back Market in Spain (many more countries to come). Based in our Paris office, you’ll work closely with our Customer Care, Marketing and Tech teams, a group of passionate professionals who are dedicated to making sure our products and the Back Market brand stand out.
Reporting to our Head of Business Development – one of a kind – your duties will include:
• Mapping & Prospecting: identify, contact, negotiate and sign new contracts with refurbishers to join our platform
• Onboarding: assist in integration process and provide thorough training on our tools and back office
• Partnering: build strong and efficient relationships with our merchants, on the long-term
• Monitoring: closely follow merchants’ first steps to ensure quality standards are met and sales are taking off
• Developing: provide merchants with data-proven feedback and action plan to help them improve quality and grow sales
• Marketing: coordinate with marketing team to define promotional calendar and source corresponding catalogue
• 2 years of experience (including internships) in a similar role, preferably in a start-up
• Entrepreneurial mind is key, you are open-minded and always eager to exceed expectations
• Country native, Spanish is your mother tongue and has absolutely no secret for you (written and spoken)
• English is a no brainer, even better if you can speak French
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and a great business sense
• Good at building long-lasting relationships
• Analytical mind – strong use of insights and confident around data-driven decision-making
• A professional, pro-active and ‘can do’ attitude
• Good sense of priorities and organization – you excel at managing projects and time
• “Getting things done” is your lifestyle
• Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure – you understand what “startup” means
• Passionate about growth and eager to learn
• Must be hands-on with high level of energy and professional skills to function effectively and independently in a demanding change-oriented environment
• Fantastic team player
WHAT YOU MUST KNOW…
• Great office groove – we genuinely value feedback and initiative
• Talented and passionate teams
• Located in central Paris (75003)