This position was filled!
Who are they?
Aqemia is a next-gen pharmatech company generating one of the world’s fastest-growing drug discovery pipeline. Their mission is to design fast innovative drug candidates for dozens of critical diseases. What sets them apart is their unique quantum and statistical mechanics algorithms fueling a generative AI to design novel drug candidates. The disruptive speed and accuracy of their technology platform allows them to scale drug discovery projects as technology projects.
At Aqemia you will work in a multi-disciplinary team of passionate drug hunters, AI engineers and developers who are committed to our mission of finding many drugs, at high pace, to cure diseases.
As part of our growing team, you will enjoy a fast-paced, challenging, science-driven and creative environment, working at the very forefront of AI & Deep physics-powered drug discovery. This is a tremendous opportunity to bring your own impact on changing the way medicines are discovered and be involved in shaping the direction of our fast growing business and team.
We are looking for highly skilled and collaborative individuals who are naturally curious, have a passion for learning and solving complex problems with a “can-do” mindset.
If this sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
The difference you’ll make
Within Aqemia’s drug discovery infrastructure team, you will be working on the technological and scientific growth of the Chemistry platform. This platform objective is to provide cutting-edge algorithms to support the drug discovery operations at Aqemia.
As an intern, you will work more specifically on our database of in vitro public assays. This data constitutes a crucial input for our drug discovery pipeline as it helps us understand the bioactivity of compounds among their targets.
Your main objective will be to increase the quality standards of this data by collaborating closely with the end users.
Some good chemistry skills and knowledge about ic50 biochemical assays will be crucial to achieving your goals as well as some good communication skills.
This is an end of scholarity internship and it will last at least 4-6 months, and can start anytime between January and June 2024.
What you will do
• Extract actionable insights from internal and external biochemical data to improve Aqemia's technology
• Provide our Drug discovery and Machine Learning teams with high quality biochemical data to maximize their success in finding new drugs
• Contribute to improve our custom computational chemistry algorithms
Who you are
Our Workplace Environment
• Fast-paced, intellectually and scientifically demanding, results-driven.
• Our Founders boast : 10+ years experience in research at Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris, not to mention a stint in Oxford and Cambridge / 10+ years experience in strategy consulting at BCG.
• Aqemia has a rapidly growing team of +50 people from world-class institutions (AstraZeneca, GSK, Sanofi, Harvard, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Ecole Polytechnique, BCG)
• Our premises are conveniently located in the center of Paris (1 Bd Pasteur), with a possibility of up to 2 days of remote work.
• We are part of the French Tech 2030 program (https://lafrenchtech.com/fr/la-france-aide-les-startup/french-tech-2030/).
• Working language: English
We are growing fast, if you feel that you don't fit this job description but you’re still excited to join, then please get in touch!
Aqemia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or any other basis under applicable law.