Sales Consultant South Asia
This position was filled!
Who are they?
AFP is a leading global news agency providing fast, comprehensive and verified coverage of the events shaping our world and of the issues affecting our daily lives. Drawing from an unparalleled news gathering network across 151 countries, AFP also is a world leader in digital verification. With 2,400 staff representing 100 different nationalities, AFP covers the world in six languages, with a unique quality of multimedia storytelling spanning video, text, photos and graphics.
Rencontrez Christine BRIEMEL, Directrice des Ressources Humaines
AFP news agency seeks a Sales Consultant in South Asia
Exciting opportunity to collaborate with sales and marketing department for one of the most trusted names in world news. Global news agency Agence France-Presse (AFP) is seeking an energetic sales Consultant to cover its South Asia markets and be part of a vibrant sales and marketing team that covers the whole Asia-Pacific region, from Afghanistan to New Zealand.
• Oversee full sales process: prospection, preparing decks, pitching, negotiation, sale, delivery setup, after-sales service
• Build business strategy to drive revenues to meet annual sales targets particularly for video, sports products and other editorial services
• Maintain and grow an important existing portfolio of media clients including TV stations, traditional media, digital media in South Asia as well as to non-media companies
• Be responsible for prospecting and generating new business by forging productive relationships across her/his varied sales patches
• Identify new content licensing and business opportunities in India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and The Maldives
• Maintain and service existing client base
• Identify prospects for FACTSTORY on-demand content
• Maintain clear sales and activity reporting records (CRM) and gather market feedback
• Attend networking events, exhibitions and brand-building events
• Work closely with marketing and lead generation teams in the region
• 5+ years of key account sales experience with news media product sales/content licensing experience is a major advantage
• Solid knowledge of the news media /content licensing business would be an asset
• Ability to work in an international environment
• Forward strategic thinker/early adaptor of new technologies
• Good at making and developing contacts and relationships
• Excellent executive presence with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organised, adaptable, problem-solver, and be bubbling with ideas
• Social media-savvy
• Fluency in English is a must and Indian language is highly desirable
Please send your CV and motivation letter by clicking on the button APPLY .
Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates retained for an interview will be contacted.
AFP is committed to equal opportunities and greater diversity within its teams. We therefore encourage all applications in order to preserve the wealth of profiles, cultures and languages that constitute the strength of our network.