Our Engineering Team is made up of around 20+ constantly growing developers, mostly seniors and experts in their field. We mainly work on Rails and React stacks.
We follow the Shape Up methodology popularized by Basecamp in order to involve developers in the topics from A to Z, and not just to do the code. To meet our scale, we have set up a cellular organization with small teams on specific projects, as autonomous as possible and limited in time. With us, you change teams every 7 weeks, so there's no time to get bored or go around in circles!
Finally, we strive to create the most welcoming and benevolent environment possible. We believe that trusting people and collective intelligence are the best way to build an effective and fulfilling organization.
Technologies and tools
We mainly work on 2 technical stacks :
- Ruby on Rails for the main applications with a customer focus, the technical heart of Trustpair
React / Next.js which starts for the Front parts with the objective of replacing all of our existing UIs
We strive to keep our stacks as close as possible to the state of the art through systematic code reviews, the use of a dependabot, bug bounty, etc. We like clean, reliable and efficient code.
Organization and methodologies
Shape Up is a product development methodology that reinforces efficiency, collaboration and delivery within Product and Tech teams. While structuring its team and looking for a way to build a robust and at-scale Product, Trustpair decided to adopt the Shape Up methodology in 2019.
- Shape phase : It’s the dedicated track to prepare the solution to a need, you’ll have approximately 6 week to work on it. What do you want, and especially, what not? This is why you’ll need a clear view of the scope and define, at that point, a rough solution (without going into too much details). It’s also the right time to identify risks and rabbit holes. It will last 6 weeks, added to the construction phase.
- Build phase : The construction phase assigns tasks to teams and gives them free rein (based on what was determined in the shaping phase). The project is split into different scopes. Milestones achieved and progress made are constantly shared. The decision to stop or define the “end” of a project is taken collectively.
- Cooldown These are two weeks between the Build and Shape periods. There is no assigned work. It is dedicated to a “debriefing” where we consider what to do next. This is the ideal time to fix bugs, explore new ideas. The cooldown ends the cycle.
Shape Up Methodology combined with an innovative Cellular Organisation makes Tech Team being a part of the whole decision making process. We work on 7-weeks delivery cycle to better focus and deliver only the most pertinent features.
The work is based on entire cycle : from request to delivery, specks from scratch.
Team is really responsible and autonomous on its tasks, they're free to manage the cycle as they prefer. This methodology helps to strenghten the spirit of the team work, work on design thinking and work in cross-functional teams.
Projects and tech challenges
At Trustpair, we are fully in a product logic. We're here to fight bank transfer fraud, not to do some extras!
However, fraud can take many forms and the means to deal with it are complex: querying market APIs, finding patterns in our data or even contacting suppliers ourselves. The challenge will be precisely to mask this complexity so that our users have the simplest, cleanest and most efficient experience possible.
- 30 minutes call with TAM
- 60 minutes call with a Manager
- 1-week case study (should take 1-hour of work) + restitution
30 minutes of Coffee Chat with a CTO