- Mobility, SaaS / Cloud Services, Collaborative Economy
- From 50 to 250 employees
JAVA Back-End Developer
- Permanent contract
- Partial remote authorized
- Education: Master's Degree
- Experience: > 5 years
This position was filled!
Who are they?
At Vulog, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet through technological innovations that revolutionize mobility while building a greener future, one city at a time. By replacing private vehicles with electric, shared mobility options, we clean our air, decongest our streets, and help people move around more freely and seamlessly in and across cities on 5 continents - and even islands!
Vulog is the world’s leading technology provider for shared mobility solutions. With Vulog’s AiMA platform, we have the very best open API, AI-powered tech, and data intelligence behind each mobility service, powering up over 20 million shared trips per year. We redefine fleet operations, enhance the user experience, and maximize business profitability; our technology is a key driver in the mobility revolution. With Vulog Labs, we are preparing the future of mobility based on artificial intelligence and data science: predictive demand management, smart-pricing, smart-charging, autonomous fleet management.
Our AiMA platform enables major mobility players like WeShare (Volkswagen), KINTO Share (Toyota), Free2Move (Stellantis), aimo (Sumitomo Corporation), Wible (Kia Motors), and evo (British Columbia Automobile Association) to launch and operate shared-vehicle services (cars, mopeds, electric bicycles or scooters) anywhere around the world. As a pioneer with a strong global footprint, we play a key role in shaping connected, electric, and shared mobility for the future.
Our impact extends beyond just our technology; we strive to bring a direct, positive impact to communities worldwide through sustainable and inclusive mobility solutions. We also help companies achieve their net-zero emission goals in their digital and CSR transformation.
Our customers are international, and so is our team - we represent over a dozen nationalities! We value diversity and welcome people from all backgrounds who are driven, passionate, and excited about making an impact and are motivated to work towards a greener and electrified future. If you are looking for a professional challenge, personal growth opportunities, and an enriching, positive work environment, join our team!
Vulog is looking for a Java Back-end Developper to join us in our sunny headquarters in Nice, France!
In this role specifically, you will be in charge of designing, developing, writing, and implementing back-end applications.
Your responsabilities, in a nutshell:
- Develop service orientated multi-tiered application architecture and core development components in addition to apps in accordance with client briefs
- Build and update new features on the platform and ensure they are free of bugs while responding pro-actively to critical issues should they arise
- Monitor and ensure quality assurance via unit and integration test in a continuous integration environment
- Write technical specifications and provide detailed information for the product support team and the documentation team (English)
What we’re looking for:
- Masters Degree
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Good level of English: we are an international company with international colleagues and clients
- Core development experience in Java technologies
- Proficiency in development toolkits including Git (gitflow), Jira, Maven, Jenkins, Intellij
- DMS, NoSQL, MySQL, Redis, MongoDb
- Spring Framework, SpringBoot, Hibernate, Junit
- Basic grasp of Linux and Bash, open source code (GitHub or similar) is a plus
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a “team player” attitude
- Ability to take ownership and delivering results
- Customer service oriented
- Passionate about technology and making a difference in the world
What’s in it for you
- Positive work environment with opportunities to grow within the company
- Opportunity to be part of an innovative tech company that is on the frontlines of the mobility revolution by working hand-in-hand with companies and cities to redefine their transportation strategies/policies
- Ability to make a major impact on a service that is impacting millions of users per year across the world
- Job based in Nice with 2 days of remote work allowed per week
If you are a team player looking to join a dynamic and fast-growing company shaping the future of mobility, please press “Apply” !