This position was filled!
Who are they?
Started in 2009, Vestiaire Collective is the leading global online marketplace for desirable pre-loved fashion. They’re dedicated to transforming the industry for a more sustainable future by promoting the circular fashion movement as an alternative to overproduction, overconsumption, and the wasteful practices/habits of the fashion sector.
They provide their massive community of 23 million members worldwide, with the best customer experience, from product discovery, buyer-seller interactions, platform safety to delivery, thanks to their knowledgeable curation/authentication/quality control and tech teams (Data scientists, DevOps, Android Developers…)
They operate in 78 countries and offer an unparalleled catalogue of 5 million luxury and desirable fashion items, with 6,000 brands available, including 20,000 products added daily.
Vestiaire Collective is 800 diverse employees strong, with 50+ nationalities, spread over 9 locations: Paris (HQ), Tourcoing, London, Berlin, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul.
Meet Victoire, Head of Authentication
Vestiaire Collective is the leading global platform for desirable pre-loved fashion. We transform the fashion industry for a more sustainable future, by empowering a community to drive change. Curated by its trusted community of fashion lovers, members inspire one another whilst selling and buying unique pieces from each others' wardrobes.
Encouraging consumers to join the circular economy as the sustainable alternative to throw-away fashion, the platform is unique due to its highly engaged community, its rare desirable inventory and its authenticity and quality control process. Launched in Paris in October 2009,Vestiairecollective.com has close to 15 million members across 80 countries worldwide with offices in cities Paris, New York, Berlin, Hong Kong, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Ho Chi Minh City and Tokyo.
Our values have built our success and made us who we are as a fast-growing company because we think collectively: we work with style, with entrepreneurial spirit and with passion. We currently have a diverse global team of 1000 employees representing more than 50 nationalities. Our values are community, activism, transparency, dedication and greatness. We are proud to be a BCorp.
About the role
We are looking for a Backend Developer with a strong PHP background, based in Ho Chi Minh City. This person will be part of a squad implementing platform projects in our e-commerce platform and report to the Tech Lead.
What You will be doing
- Work in a team of engineers to implement backend services in the platform
- Build service definitions, OpenAPI specifications, SDKs, and documentation for other developers that consume these services
- Integrate with other services and data sources using APIs, messaging systems, databases
- Collaborate with the DevOps team on microservices design, containerization, and automated deployments
- Build automated test suites to ensure these services are reliable and performant
- 5+ years of experience working with PHP
- Strong on OOP, experienced on PHP (Golang, Java nice to have)
- Have good knowledge on datastructure and algorithm
- Have experience on distributed system, Restful API
- Have good knowledge on relational DB, noSQL, Queue, Cache
- Hands-on experience with K8s, Docker
What we offer
- A meaningful job with an impact on the way people consume fashion and promote sustainability
- The opportunity to do career defining work in a fast growing French-born scale up
- The possibility to work as part of a global diverse team with more than 50 nationalities
- 2 days to help Project - reinforcing your activist journey and volunteer for an association
- Significant investment in your learning and growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package