Thread is a digital workspace that brings together investment teams, insights, and data to make decisions more collaborative and efficient.
For years, investment teams, insights, and data have been dispersed across documents, spreadsheets, apps, geographies, and departments, forcing analysts and managers to switch between multiple tools to conduct analysis. Instead of focusing on elaborating investment theses, they spend a significant amount of their time producing and compiling information on Excel sheets. At the same time, access to an overbearing amount of data makes it challenging to identify actionable insights fast, and make decisions less transparent, even confusing when different people within the same team use different frameworks and datasets.
So, Thread was founded in 2020 to empower investment teams find, organize, and contextualize data with ease and bring clarity to a complex investment world.
Skills can be taught but not grit and conviction, so Thread focuses on growing its team with passionate leaders who truly enjoy working on tough problems.
New hires are tested for the 4Hs that Thread's culture is built on -
- HUNGER: Curiosity and drive to discover ways to improve the product and elevate the Thread experience
- HUMILITY: Growth-oriented mindset, with a willingness to be challenged (/ proven wrong 😊), and learn new things every day
- HAPPINESS: Optimism with a propensity to see opportunities in challenges
- HELPFULNESS: Shared sense of purpose, rooted in empathy, with concern for others' failures and celebration of collective wins
- Once a year, the entire team goes on a 3-day retreat to a 13th-century castle in Burgundy. This gives everyone a chance to realign on shared values outside of the office
- Their office is merely a 3-minute walk away from Jardin du Palais Royal, and everyone on the team is a fan of doing outdoor meetings there. Some of the most complex problems at Thread continue to be solved on coffee strolls, at Palais Royal
- Everyone at Thread has at least 2 things in common - Passion to build an awesome product, and Food! So, every Friday, the team tries out a new restaurant for lunch, and it's on the house!