This position was filled!
Who are they?
At SumUp, we’re building a world where merchants can succeed while doing what they truly love.
Our mission from day one is simple: give back to local merchants the joy to succeed, thanks to simple and innovative tools.
In a nutshell, what does this mean ? 🤔
SumUp Point of Sale is a digital ecosystem dedicated to local entrepreneurs.
Our range of solutions answers all our merchants’ challenges; from reservations, through click and collect, deliveries and digital payment, to the management of their business thanks to intuitive and comprehensive financial analytics 😎
SumUp in key numbers:
- 🗓 Created in 2012
- 🌎 More than 3,000 people in 15 offices spread all over the world, including our tribe of 200 SumUppers divided between Paris, London, Berlin, Barcelona and Milan 🤩
- 🚀 More than 3 million merchants using our solution in 33 countries
- 💵 More than €750 million raised in 2021
Our passion at SumUp is championing small businesses. We believe in creating technology that is flexible, fair, affordable and easy to use. Every day millions of people around the world dream of starting their own businesses. We strive to help them to do this. Our long-term goal is to close the loop by enabling businesses to turn transactions with customers into long term relationships.
What you’ll do The Sales Director, Europe will be growing the sales-led revenues in Europe for the small merchants segment for multiple products at SumUp. The person will be responsible for the sales as well as account management teams that consist of in total 90 team members based in five different locations in Europe. They will be identifying the main priorities and implementing the strategic plan for the sales teams in Europe focusing on the small merchants segment. The position will be based in either Paris, London, Berlin, Milan or Barcelona.
- Define and implement key strategic projects to accelerate growth while improving efficiency
- Participate in the development and deployment of the company's strategic plan in Europe
- Define and and manage the commercial forecast
- Develop and coach the team members
- Develop key expansion projects such as new channels (eg. outbound, partnerships, referrals)
- Monitor customer satisfaction across the funnel
You’ll be great for this role if,
- You have assumed a regional sales leadership role in similar large, multi-national and complex tech organizations
- You have strong experience in the small business segment (SMB)
- You are customer centric and data driven
- You have strong presentation skills
- You are an entrepreneurial, multi-skilled, results-driven, analytical yet empathic leader
- You have a high degree of comfort in dealing with ambiguity, dynamic environments and shifting priorities
- You’re a strong communicator
Why you should join SumUp
- We are a true global tech company with over 3000+ people from 93 nationalities, spread across 22 offices in Europe, LatAm and the US.
- You can truly create your own path here and help us shape the future for small businesses globally.
- You’ll receive a budget for your individual development, attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and paid leave and you will have access to the SumUp Sabbatical, our Employee Referral and Employee assistance programme for mental health as well as Fitness and language learning offers.
- We’re a friendly family and get together regularly for offsites, team events, office parties, and sports.
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family, and even your pets.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.