At Strapi, we are a product-based team, we follow most of the product principles, and both the engineering and product management teams are in the same boat. Our mission is to empower millions of people to create and share content. On top of that, we try our best to embrace open-source values and DNA by supporting the community to contribute to the product. We mostly work on two products: the Headless CMS and the Cloud.
We value people that come up with ideas and solutions. The ego has no place, whatever our title and experience are. We are all here to support each other and serve our users the best we can.
Technologies and tools
Organization and methodologies
We are working as SCRUM, but we allow ourselves to use Kanban sometimes and adjust our sprint length.
- Rituals: Daily Standup Meeting, Backlog Review, Tech Refinement (optional), Sprint Planning, and Retrospective. (mandatory)
Chapters (we are split into different squads): there is one backend and one frontend sync where we share our best practices, show new technologies, etc.
“Cooldown week”: twice a year, where we stop the sprint from focusing on ourselves, by doing training, working with other teammates on something different that matters to us, etc.
- As we are an open source product, we also manage our community via GitHub, Discord, and the Forum.
- First video call with the Talent team to discover each other
- Technical assessment: A 1-week take-home assignment. Project to build.
- Assessment debriefing: An opportunity to discuss our work approaches, methods, and best practices
- Team meetings (with a few Strapiers): Casual meetings to discover your potential future colleagues
- Values assessment: An opportunity to see if we could work together in a healthy way
- References check: The goal is to capture how we can efficiently accompany you and offer you a thriving environment.
More details here: https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVOMEXZ58=/