Network Engineer M/F
This position was filled!
Who are they?
Rakuten was established in 1997 in Japan and is at the origin of the marketplace concept.
Today, as an international Tech group, Rakuten is an ecosystem composed of 80 entities issued from e-commerce, content production, Fintech or communication such as Rakuten Viber, Rakuten Kobo, Rakuten TV… just to name a few.
With more than 25,000 people in more than 30 countries around the world, Rakuten is one of the top 5 global e-commerce platforms with a business volume of $172 billion and a community of more than 1.5 billion members.
Rencontrez Marion, Talent Acquisition & Development Manager
Within the Rakuten Group company, CPD (Cloud Platform Department) team is looking for a Network Engineer responsible for development and day-to-day operations of technical infrastructure and datacenters. This infrastructure includes various datacenters, a global backbone as well as some public and private cloud components which support Rakuten’s businesses.
We are looking for a highly motivated person with extensive experience managing IT infrastructure and networks, with commitment to customer satisfaction, and a strong desire to create highest-quality services.
Attached to the Paris team, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Network administration and engineering for Rakuten’s global platforms.
- Monitoring of our IT infrastructure and platforms, troubleshooting, and solving the emerging problems, possibly in collaboration with the developers of various applications.
- Development of the new tools and frameworks for the operations, or improvement of the existing tools and frameworks, to facilitate or improve automatic operations of our platforms and infrastructure.
- Investigating and improving open-source technologies relevant for the operations of our platforms and infrastructure.
- Understanding the requirements of the potential customers and developing demos and prototypes.
- Planning the operations process, executing the operations according to the plan, and reporting the progress to the management.
- You work closely with the network team in the United States.
- You will participate to the “on-call” one week per month in the long term.
- Travels to Japan and the United States are to be considered.
You have a MS or equivalent degree in IT and you justify of at least 3 years to 5 years of experience as network engineer. You know how to deploy and manage networks in a follow-the-sun environment, handling incidents and change requests.
You understand the criticality of the business and your objectives are to always deliver high quality solutions to ensure business performances and customer satisfaction.
You are curious and want to learn more, you monitor technological developments to keep yourself up-to-date.
You collaborate closely with the US team, understanding English is mandatory.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting complex network environments mlade of routers, switches, load-balancers, firewalls,
- Good understanding of IP routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF for IP and IPv6, switching, MPLS (L2/L3 VPN, LDP, RSVP), VRFs, NAT, ACLs, VLANs, MLAG/LAG, SNMP
- Experience with following platforms Cisco Nexus, ASA, IOS, Juniper MX, Arista, Dell
- Exposure to open-source networking: FRR, CumulusLinux, SONiC, whitebox switches
- Solid understanding of 1G/10G/40G physical cabling / transceiver standards: fiber optic types/sizes/capabilities, transceiver types/options
- Elementary knowledge of Linux systems
- Some experience with major cloud providers (AWS/GCP/Azure), especially on network features,
- Python scripting or another programming language,
- Network automation with Ansible or Chef
- Some experience with flow analysis, metering, trace analysis with Wireshark