System Administrator - Cloud Services
This position was filled!
Who are they?
PASQAL designs and develops quantum processors (QPUs: Quantum Processing Units) and associated software tools. Their innovative technology allows them to address use cases that are currently out of reach of the most powerful supercomputers. QPUs are highly energy efficient and will contribute to a significant reduction of the carbon footprint of the HPC industry.
Joining PASQAL will give you the opportunity to take an active part in the rapid development of a deep-tech start-up at the forefront of the second quantum revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the biggest challenges shaping the technological landscape of the 21st century. You will work in a team of top scientists and engineers, competing directly with the world’s biggest players.
Pasqal has just completed a fundraising round that will finance its developments for the next 3 years.
Rencontrez Georges-Olivier, Président
PASQAL designs and develops Quantum Processing Units (QPUs) and associated software tools. Our innovative technology enables us to address use cases that are currently beyond the reach of the most powerful supercomputers; these cases can concern industrial application challenges as well as fundamental science needs. In addition to the exceptional computing power they provide, QPUs are highly energy efficient and will contribute to a significant reduction in the carbon footprint of the HPC industry.
On-premise facilities at PASQAL are a state-of-the-art infrastructure dedicated to executing and accelerating various tasks related to computational problems in industry and research. They include the PASQAL Quantum Processing Units as well as a HPC cluster. The System Administrator position requires technical involvement in the interface between the hardware and the software, performing various system administration, resource management and networking tasks, and providing services and tools for the entire company and external clients.
You missions will include:
- Managing HW repair on the cluster and deal with our partners (online and physically at the DataCenter site) for support, dealing with diagnostics and electronics
- Maintaining OS updates and upgrades in security patches
- Maintaining SW modules installed on the on-prem resources
- Managing users privileges and account details on the cluster and the QPU OS
- Managing all slurm accounts (internal and external) on the cluster, tracking access revocation and granting
- Setting up network interfaces on the QPUs
- Being responsible for the cluster cage in general - keeping it clean and safe
- Performing regular diagnostics on the nodes to check for HW issues
With a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and with a minimum of 2 years experience in a professional technical support environment (or equivalent combination of related education and experience), you have the following assets:
- Professional experience managing and administrating redhat and Ubuntu systems
- HPC hardware
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Autonomy and ability to work with minimal guidance
Joining PASQAL will give you the opportunity to take an active part in the rapid development of a deep-tech start-up at the forefront of the second quantum revolution. You will be directly involved in one of the biggest challenges shaping the technological landscape of the 21st century. You will be working in a team of top scientists and engineers, in direct competition with the biggest global players.
Workplace : Massy 91300 (40mns from Paris center)
Starting date : ASAP
Type of contract : Permanent
- Full remote applications will not be taken into account -
PASQAL is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, as inclusion and diversity are essential to achieving our mission. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.
No third party recruiters please.