Head of Drug-to-Disease
Who are they?
Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a ‘unicorn’ - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Rencontrez Yu, Senior Translational Research Scientist
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
Drug-to-Disease (“D2D”) is Owkin's scientific approach to identify from a given drug the most relevant indications, patients populations or subpopulations using novel ML methodologies, preclinical and clinical data.
Within R&D, the Head of D2D will build and steer our ambition around fundamental research as well as applied projects, either internally or with our industrial partners.
In particular, you will:
- Manage the portfolio of D2D initiatives of the company, from the research phase to the potential compound in-licensing and clinical evaluation phase.
- Work closely with the Business and Medical teams to refine and implement our strategy
- Steer multi-disciplinary teams of scientific leads, data scientist, computational biologist, machine learning engineer to maximize D2D impact at the company level
Position is based in our Paris office or remotely.
Required qualifications / experience:
Master or PhD in computational biology, computer science or similar
- Demonstrated experience in drug repurposing / indication selection research or similar
- Experience in biomedical knowledge graphs, graph representation learning and similar approaches
- Experience in statistics, machine & deep learning
- Experience in multi-omics and real-world data
- Demonstrated ability to lead/manage projects with important scientific and business stakes
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- Notify Owkin's recruitment unit at this address firstname.lastname@example.org
- contact the following authorities:
Other Data Science jobs
These job openings might interest you!See all job openings